• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How Colin Kaepernick made TCU’s Rose Bowl season possible

Punter1

Pretty sure Muck recycled this article from 2015...which I guess is better than another Showgirls article...but not as good as never seeing another Muck byline ever in my life.

ShreveFrog

Just because you keep repeating it, doesn’t make it true.

Brotzman, who missed vs. Nevada, was originally a walk-on. Perhaps he later got a scholarship.
Goodale, who missed the potential game winner against us in Boise, was a walk-on.

Point being, a big complaint from Boise fans was that Coach Peterson would not sign scholarship kickers. It bit 'em in the butt more than once.

frogtwang

Brotzman, who missed vs. Nevada, was originally a walk-on. Perhaps he later got a scholarship.
Goodale, who missed the potential game winner against us in Boise, was a walk-on.

Point being, a big complaint from Boise fans was that Coach Peterson would not sign scholarship kickers. It bit 'em in the butt more than once.

He graduated as the highest scoring kicker in NCAA history and is still one of the top scorers all time.

Most programs don’t want to “waste” a scholarship on a kicker/punter. It’s not uncommon for a kicker to walk on and then be offered a scholarship later on. Just because Brotzman started out as a walk on, doesn’t mean he was a bad kicker. It’s a dumb thing to knock a player for. Especially a player that ended his career as the highest scoring kicker ever.

back_in_black

Moderators
Yep. The guy was slightly more intelligent than Beavis and Butt-Head. Then there’s the guy a couple rows down pointing to the goalpost convince it went in and the refs must have missed it.

Froginbedford

I remember staying up late watching that game and being disappointed that Boise was up big early. Then a complete momentum switch solely thanks to Kap and I’m thinking they can win this. And right before OT a crazy Hail Mary from horseface to Titus young down to the 10yd line or whatever. I was distraught thinking it was over. Then that kicker missed. And the rest is history.

I remember celebrating after that game and waking up the whole house. Very fond memories of that game. Would love to go back and watch that one again.

I believe it's on youtube....

ftwfrog

"Sheiiiiiit. Dayum. Dayum."
I was sitting pretty much directly opposite of this dude in the frog section. I remember for about 2 seconds thinking, “dammit, he made it”. Then erupted with elation when I see the frogs run on the field. I felt so silly when I saw the replay when we got to the bar after the game. Kick wasn’t even close :)

The TCU Football Jerk

I remember it well. My fam had gone to the parents for thanksgiving. Game was late and everyone had given up hope and gone to bed but me after Boise got an early lead. I wasn't tired and figured what the hell. So I stayed with it. I also remember Kaepernick going over and proposing to his cheerleader gf on the sideline right after it was over. You know, back before everyone knew he was a worthless commie.

Frog-in-law1995

Brotzman was also the punter who lobbed a pass behind our punt rush defense for a first down, setting up the game winning score in the Fiesta Bowl. So scheiss him.

phrynosoma

Ticket Exchange Pass
not clicking on the article but I remember it. I fell asleep trying to see the end of the game. Got a wake up text at 5 am asking me if I heard the news. I remember a 6 am breakfast the next morning making potential travel plans.

In GMFP I trust.