Everyone available except RJ and Ledee.

Starting Five most likely-

- Miles
- Bello
- O'Bannon
- Easley
- Kev

Skip,

I didn’t realize they hadn’t practiced much lately. Was a bit disappointed in PJ, didn’t seem markedly different but maybe that’s rust. Thought Miles looked great and good to see Lampkin. Way early, but who do you envision in the rotation?

Punter1

I'm with Maniac on this one with the Covid Nazis...I don't mind them (or anyone) doing their job and enforcing it but don't don't be azzholes about it.

Someone said "this is their house." Bull Darning Boat it is...as alums this as much our house as anyones and someone should tell these "security" people to treat our fans (who are probably alumni) a little more curtiously. And as a paying customer you darn sure deserve a little respect. Hopefully they will chill a little in upcoming games or at least be more polite.

Skip Jansen

Skip,

I didn’t realize they hadn’t practiced much lately. Was a bit disappointed in PJ, didn’t seem markedly different but maybe that’s rust. Thought Miles looked great and good to see Lampkin. Way early, but who do you envision in the rotation?

They only had six guys practicing for the last two weeks. It going to take awhile even when RJ and Ledee get back.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

I'm with Maniac on this one with the Covid Nazis...I don't mind them (or anyone) doing their job and enforcing it but don't don't be azzholes about it.

Someone said "this is their house." Bull Darning Boat it is...as alums this as much our house as anyones and someone should tell these "security" people to treat our fans (who are probably alumni) a little more curtiously. And as a paying customer you darn sure deserve a little respect. Hopefully they will chill a little in upcoming games or at least be more polite.
The first half they were being pretty unreasonably aggressive. I wasn’t the only one they were going after. Anyone whose mask wasn’t perfectly on was getting pestered. Even saw coach Schloss get scolded at one point down in the club seats. It was really distracting from being able to watch the game tbh.

As I said earlier, I’m fine with people doing their jobs, and I was fully aware of the mask rule when I decided to buy season tickets (although I admittedly was hoping they’d be somewhat reasonable and lax once in your seats like they’ve been at football) but as you said, to rudely harass people that are sitting extremely far away from anyone else because their mask isn’t perfectly on is over the top.

I think the silliest part of it to me is how spaced out we are. Go to any restaurant in town and you’re much closer to people at other tables than you are at Schollmaier this year. It is super spread out.

In the second half it seemed like they finally started to lay off a bit, as there were a few people, young and old, speckled throughout that had taken their masks off or slid them down and were no longer being constantly approached. Hope it continues to trend in that direction.

tcumaniac

White represents where seats are blocked off and not allowed to be sat in. My wife and I were literally the only two people sitting in our section when a security person threatened to have me removed because my nose wasn't fully covered.
127243799_10217710142654696_1025547638766763179_o.jpg

tetonfrog

White represents where seats are blocked off and not allowed to be sat in. My wife and I were literally the only two people sitting in our section when a security person threatened to have me removed because my nose wasn't fully covered.
127243799_10217710142654696_1025547638766763179_o.jpg

If they have offended you so badly, don’t go the games any more. Period. Do you know why they were aggressive in the first half? Because their boss made them. I bet he/she told them they better be strict or else they would not be back for any more games. And you said they eased back some in the second half, right? That was probably by design.

If it bothers you that much, then don’t go again. Let the AD know why, get your refund & get ready for baseball.

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

If they have offended you so badly, don’t go the games any more. Period. Do you know why they were aggressive in the first half? Because their boss made them. I bet he/she told them they better be strict or else they would not be back for any more games. And you said they eased back some in the second half, right? That was probably by design.

If it bothers you that much, then don’t go again. Let the AD know why, get your refund & get ready for baseball.

What makes you think baseball season will be any different? Because it's outdoors? The Covid-nazi's don't give a damn about that.

flyfishingfrog

What makes you think baseball season will be any different? Because it's outdoors? The Covid-nazi's don't give a damn about that.
Baseball season is going to be a beating if it happens at all

I had a conversation with part of the staff about seating plans and frankly they don’t have any that are even close to reasonable for baseball yet - I don’t see them getting more than maybe 1500 people in the stadium at max capacity

I thought basketball tix holders would actually show up this year since it sold out and they had so few seats- but guess I was wrong again.

imagine what baseball will look like it they use the same spacing concept as they did for basketball? There will be 20 people in the stands and then about another 50 spread out down the line and in right field

honestly think they need to kill the season ticket purchasing and just go game to game to get people that actually want to go to games in the seats

wilson912

Yes, just don’t go back. There are others who are willing to put up with the hassle and take those seats.

netty2424

There’s a fine line between being a good responsible employee here who was probably told exactly what to do in their pregame meeting versus being over the top aggressive about it.

And not knocking Maniac here or even talking directly to him, but fan mentality and their reaction to what’s happening is also something to consider.

If a fan isn’t really concerned about Covid or doesn’t really believe in the mask protocol, then they probably are offended by any mention of some usher telling them what to do, justified or not.

There were also probably people there who were a bit more uneasy about actually being there in the first place but showed up to support the frogs, and greatly appreciated the staffs focus on making sure people were masked up.

It’s all about perspective.

Moose Stuff

Baseball season is going to be a beating if it happens at all

I had a conversation with part of the staff about seating plans and frankly they don’t have any that are even close to reasonable for baseball yet - I don’t see them getting more than maybe 1500 people in the stadium at max capacity

I thought basketball tix holders would actually show up this year since it sold out and they had so few seats- but guess I was wrong again.

imagine what baseball will look like it they use the same spacing concept as they did for basketball? There will be 20 people in the stands and then about another 50 spread out down the line and in right field

honestly think they need to kill the season ticket purchasing and just go game to game to get people that actually want to go to games in the seats

Baseball season is going to happen.