• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Opener (HBU) Thread

Skip Jansen

Fairly impressed with the newbies. Miles, OBannon and Easley look like immediate contributors. Todd and Lampkin also had their moments. Lost a little focus at the end but nice first game for the team.

Agreed. Not going to take away any definitives (good or bad) from the first game (especially this year). A good starting point though.

Rose Bowl

I’m glad it was the first game. I’m usually pretty upbeat but what I saw was truly depressing. We couldn’t score 70 points against one of the 20 worst teams in the country. I can see why were picked to finish ninth. The only good things I saw were Miles, Easley and O’Bannon. Big Kevin making those free throws look easy was another bright spot.

Passing the ball around 15-20 times and still taking a bad three is just awful basketball. There were so many times we could have had Samuel in the post and wouldn’t get him the ball. The offense only looked only when Miles was penetrating which reinforces what Skip has told us about the type of PG Jamie likes to have.

If we play like tonight against Tulsa we’ll get run out of the gym.

Moose Stuff

I’m glad it was the first game. I’m usually pretty upbeat but what I saw was truly depressing. We couldn’t score 70 points against one of the 20 worst teams in the country. I can see why were picked to finish ninth. The only good things I saw were Miles, Easley and O’Bannon. Big Kevin making those free throws look easy was another bright spot.

Passing the ball around 15-20 times and still taking a bad three is just awful basketball. There were so many times we could have had Samuel in the post and wouldn’t get him the ball. The offense only looked only when Miles was penetrating which reinforces what Skip has told us about the type of PG Jamie likes to have.

If we play like tonight against Tulsa we’ll get run out of the gym.

Missing two of our better players, extremely young/inexperienced team, clearly letting everyone get their feet wet tonight.... I don't think we're that great but I'm not gonna make any judgements off tonight.