• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How Colin Kaepernick made TCU’s Rose Bowl season possible

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How Colin Kaepernick made TCU’s Rose Bowl season possible

BY Big Steaming Pile

Colin Kaepernick has no formal affiliation with TCU, nor did he ever play the Horned Frogs in a game, but he made a tangible impact on the university that extends deep into the mortar, and the success, of the school.

This year is the 10th year anniversary of TCU’s Rose Bowl season, which would not have been possible without the contributions of the ousted NFL quarterback, Mr. Kaepernick, and his Nevada Wolfpack.

On Nov. 26, 2010, Kaepernick “led TCU” to the Rose Bowl when Nevada upset No. 3 Boise State. That upset ultimately changed the trajectory of a team, a school and a city.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article247295164.html

ShreveFrog

200w.webp

^^^ How I’d like to see Kap and Mac go out.

MadFrog

I watched the BS-Nevada game. It ended VERY late here but it was worth it. I remember chills after Nevada made that last field goal thinking wow, the Rose Bowl!!! Growing up I would have never believed that was even possible. What a great season. I can still see the 13-0 flag being waved after the Rose Bowl game. I can still see Raymond James making the first down that enabled Andy to kneel it out. What a great season that was.

Big Frog II

The article sorta downplayed the Kicker Bozeman's role is the loss. He missed a freakin' 26 yards field goal for the win!! That is a center snap from the 9 YARD LINE!!!
Bozeman loses the game for them... just as he did the next season with a missed FG when TCU beat Boise on the blue turf.
I don't think Brotzman was the kicker in 2011.

Last edited:

Zubaz

The article sorta downplayed the Kicker Bozeman's role is the loss. He missed a freakin' 26 yards field goal for the win!! That is a center snap from the 9 YARD LINE!!!
Bozeman loses the game for them... just as he did the next season with a missed FG when TCU beat Boise on the blue turf.
1). Brotzman, not Bozeman.

2). Brotzman was a senior in 2010. Dan Goodale was the shankapotamous that missed the 2011 kick.

4 Oaks Frog

1). Brotzman, not Bozeman.

2). Brotzman was a senior in 2010. Dan Goodale was the shankapotamous that missed the 2011 kick.
Boy! If that bad kick in 2010 didn’t get the Boise ST coach fired, surely the one in 2011 did...
GO FROGS!
BEAT KU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Boomhauer

I remember staying up late watching that game and being disappointed that Boise was up big early. Then a complete momentum switch solely thanks to Kap and I’m thinking they can win this. And right before OT a crazy Hail Mary from horseface to Titus young down to the 10yd line or whatever. I was distraught thinking it was over. Then that kicker missed. And the rest is history.

I remember celebrating after that game and waking up the whole house. Very fond memories of that game. Would love to go back and watch that one again.

PurpleBlood87

I watched the BS-Nevada game. It ended VERY late here but it was worth it. I remember chills after Nevada made that last field goal thinking wow, the Rose Bowl!!! Growing up I would have never believed that was even possible. What a great season. I can still see the 13-0 flag being waved after the Rose Bowl game. I can still see Raymond James making the first down that enabled Andy to kneel it out. What a great season that was.

Waymon James.
Raymond James provides financial services and will host the Super Bowl in 2021.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We gave up and went to bed. Boise looked in control, and I really didn't want to stay up late only to be disappointed and see an undefeated Frog team wind up in the Rebuilt Alternator Bowl.

About 2am our phone begins ringing off the wall...