• The KillerFrogs

Patterson will not evaluate until after season

Froggy Style

The thing that was so remarkable about 2014 was it seemed like Gary brought in the very offense he hates to defend most - which seemed visionary. The hurry up, the million receivers running slanting routes, the mobile QB. And then ever since the Baylor game, he almost seemed afraid of what he created offensively. Like it was all just too much. And he’s tried to throttle down from that.
Or perhaps it scores so much, it makes his defensive stats average...and thus, we have tried to make a 'run and shoot' a pop gun. Further, he won't adjust on defense like everyone else, so we suck on both sides.

ShreveFrog

@tyler durden Offense hummed in '15 until injuries to Doctson and Boykin in November. The the "throttle down" came after the '16 season when we ran a 3-n-out offense that didn't have the personnel like '14-'15.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
would ask just how bad could it get, but ummmm...we already saw not once but twice a doug meacham offense be held to less than 100 yards of total offense over the course of an entire college football game so yeah........
We also saw a DM led offense second nationally in PPG and fifth in YPG. We also saw a DM led offense score 82 points and ring up over 700 yards in a game.

In other words, small sample sizes are useless tools of evaluation.

Eight

We also saw a DM led offense second nationally in PPG and fifth in YPG. We also saw a DM led offense score 82 points and ring up over 700 yards in a game.

In other words, small sample sizes are useless tools of evaluation.

meacham without boykin has had what degree of success?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
without boykin he has been a mediocre oc at uh, 2016 tcu, and kansas.

that isn't a small sample size
In your desire to prove something about DM you continue to fail to realize that I’m not defending DM. I’m pointing out a poorly constructed argument you made. That’s all.

Eight

In your desire to prove something about DM you continue to fail to realize that I’m not defending DM. I’m pointing out a poorly constructed argument you made. That’s all.

not my first [ Finebaum ]ty argument and won't be my last, but thanks for the constructive criticism

it won't be applied but will be noted

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don't think there's a whole lot of disagreement. He's been long on "potential" and damned short on actual performance.

With the benefit of players who could perform far above average, all looked pretty good. When guys who couldn't play at that level came in, then the system's shortcomings were evident. Subsequent years have seen defensive adjustments made to counter many of the gimmicks of the Air Raid.

Add to this mix the inability of present Staff to develop and improve talent, and, here we are.

Froggish

who is offended?

statistics matter?

guess

The thing is nobody can agree on what statistics matter. Without common ground, which is rarely agreed on around here, even the statistical evidence that we suck gets dismissed.

As for DM..Let’s looking at scoring offense data restricted to conference games only that he called plays for..

TCU 2020 - Rank 89
Kansas 2017 - Rank 120
TCU 2016 - Rank 66
TCU 2015 - Rank 14
TCU 2014 - Rank 2
Houston - Rank 75

If how much an OCs offense scores isn’t relevant, I suppose nothing is but someone will take exception. The numbers above would clearly show Boykin made DM better, not the latter.

kidkarr

I think Anderson, Kelly, and Applewhite stay....all the others, Adios.

Of course Anderson should be the first out the door but not gonna happen........the new OC will probably request he be reassigned. Kelly can recruit but I don't see any good route running/separation, etc. by the receivers and that's coaching. QJ is still running routes like in HS, deep, straight line verticals. Don't believe he even knows what a double move is but if he's ever coached that , he could develop into our best, even equal to Doctson.
Fitch has done well IMO.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
ICYMI

"Wichita State announced Tuesday that men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall has resigned, about one month after the school instigated an investigation of claims by former Shockers players that Marshall had physically and verbally abused them.

The school says Marshall will receive a $7.75 million contract settlement, to be paid out over six years. His contract was set to expire in 2022."

So much for the theory that a legendary head coach with BMD backing is untouchable...

Gregg Marshall resigns from Wichita State, will get $7.75 million despite abuse allegations - The Washington Post

Froggish

ICYMI

"Wichita State announced Tuesday that men’s basketball coach Gregg Marshall has resigned, about one month after the school instigated an investigation of claims by former Shockers players that Marshall had physically and verbally abused them.

The school says Marshall will receive a $7.75 million contract settlement, to be paid out over six years. His contract was set to expire in 2022."

So much for the theory that a legendary head coach with BMD backing is untouchable...

Gregg Marshall resigns from Wichita State, will get $7.75 million despite abuse allegations - The Washington Post

Nobody is untouchable for being a psychopath who is probably going to cost their school millions of dollars in a lawsuit.

Raw Frog

Gary will then begin his two year evaluation of our current team by evaluating his first year evaluation of his first year evaluation of our team two years ago.
Kill is there to keep him locked in, and "fix" whatever needs fixing...'Cause he's the fixer...