• The KillerFrogs

Fuente Likely Out

4th. down

yeh saving money on contracts is going to be nothing compared to loss of revenue with a bottom feeder Big 12 team

OK, Jake & Moose, consider with NO Covid next year as one scenario, we won't avg. over 30K per game except for Texas. We are in a financial pinch with January enrollment probably dropping. We won't dig into our reserves to preserve our athletic program. Sonny being gone is $900K plus and Meach as OC/QB coach probably will cost us half that much. I'm not for it but it's a money situation coming upon us. IF Covid is still rolling and we avg. 10K/game, we're in a real financial pickle. The football program will no longer be able to carry all of our athletic programs.

Eight

OK, Jake & Moose, consider with NO Covid next year as one scenario, we won't avg. over 30K per game except for Texas. We are in a financial pinch with January enrollment probably dropping. We won't dig into our reserves to preserve our athletic program. Sonny being gone is $900K plus and Meach as OC/QB coach probably will cost us half that much. I'm not for it but it's a money situation coming upon us. IF Covid is still rolling and we avg. 10K/game, we're in a real financial pickle. The football program will no longer be able to carry all of our athletic programs.

if tcu can't afford a legit oc we are truly scheissed in a number of ways

So just to be clear, you think we would coach with less than the allowable number of coaches?

Eight

Who knows what's coming down from the Board of Trustees, but rest assured, their eyes are on the money and football cannot carry the swim, tennis, VB, golf, etc. when the football program is in a decline and almost no gate receipts revenues.

thing is you aren't just saving 900k as you still need to hire a staff member and as i said before, if tcu is in such bad shape their isn't the money for a full staff we are scheissed in a number of ways

Who knows what's coming down from the Board of Trustees, but rest assured, their eyes are on the money and football cannot carry the swim, tennis, VB, golf, etc. when the football program is in a decline and almost no gate receipts revenues.
I do not believe that we would even consider coaching with less than what is allowed under any circumstances. The football program being in decline isn't set in stone. It's in decline because we are paying good compensation for coaches who are incompetent. If revenues are tied to performance, and there is obviously some correlation, investment in good coaches is the smartest financial decision they could make.

JAB331

If revenues are tied to performance, and there is obviously some correlation, investment in good coaches is the smartest financial decision they could make.

Well you have to talk to CGP about that and remind him how how he's being paid to perform and hire like a top 10 coach and not an island for lost toys...

(Edit: removed an erroneous quote)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
thing is you aren't just saving 900k as you still need to hire a staff member and as i said before, if tcu is in such bad shape their isn't the money for a full staff we are scheissed in a number of ways
Kill would move into a coach spot so no additional salary. Save 900.

Salfrog

Tier 1
There definitely is money to be saved if we were to cut loose the dead weight in Cumbie, Meacham, Anderson, Sharp, Burns, Kill, and any of the other special offensive & defensive analysts that aren't earning their paychecks.

Froggish

Would you bring Justin back as OC/Associate HC?

No..Although if the alternative is putting up with that same [ Finebaum ]e we’ve been watching than I guess I could change my mind. The thing is....Fuente isn’t an OC anymore...He hasn’t been a play caller in over 5 years and he couldn’t keep his house in order at VT...We’ve become so beaten down by GPs coordinator non-sense that we’ve been conditioned to believe our only realistic hope for change is to bring back another familiar face. What a sad state this program has become

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

With the latest stinging loss for VT, there may not be a great HC job for Fuente. Maybe he comes back to his old job -- with total autonomy -- with the hope of being the "eadhay oachcay inway aitingway" til Gary hangs it up. He would have high incentive.

Would be a total Gary move to bring in a known quantity. But maybe not a bad move. Fuente helped develop Andy and helped lead us on our Fiesta and Rose runs. Then he was conference coach of the year at Memphis and VT. That's a good record.

Last edited: