• The KillerFrogs

Other Games 11/20-11/21

froginmn

@froginmn - I saw that, too. But c'mon. It's two guys playing handsies. Guys get away with that stuff on every play. Every friggin play.

They review play after play after play and then a game swings on a horrible horrible over officious jerk call.
I agree it was a bad call, just pointing out that it wasn't the "phantom call" that it appeared to be from the original angle posted in the tweet.

I'm a homer for the U of M, but there was also a bad call on the previous Purdue drive that let them extend a TD drive versus attempting a FG.

I hate when officiating plays such a big role in the outcome...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SO, the defense of the ref was "the TE was pushing off with one arm." O.K. Was such a standard maintained throughout the game? How many times was OPI called?

I remember being outraged at our very first play from scrimmage in the BIGXII, against Iowa St. They called up a deep ball to the wideout on the right side who, at the snap, pushed our DB off with both hands, arms fully extended, not 10 feet from the ref covering that side of the play. No call. That same crew (Randy Christal's gang of thieves) would go on to screw us out of that game, and the Rape U. game two years later.

Ohio State and Indiana have great defenses. Indiana offense is good but Ohio State has some athletes on defense.

Indiana is real good. Ohio State is really good. Both deserve their rankings.

Last edited:
Fields is special, he can run and bounce defenders off him. Max could play similar to him if the OL could protect Max.

OSU 21 - IU 7

The running game is going to wear down this IU defense in the later quarters (which may make this a blowout even though both teams are really good, OSU is just elite athletic). And Fields can throw too, but when he is throwing INTs the offensive line is stepping up and their blocking is creating yards for the running game.

IU QBs accuracy, OL pass blocking, and WRs being able to get space is keeping them in the game.

IU was about to score and fumbled at the OSU 2. They would of made this a closer game if that did not happen. IU is playing great, OSU is elite and getting some great breaks...also getting comfortable with the speed and strength and the IU game plan.

Last edited: