• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is hoping to play 10 regular-season games. SMU remains an option for now

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Yall are missing the big picture here. It always comes down to money.

Of course they are going to find us an opponent. That way when season ticket renewals roll around next year, they won't have to deal with issuing 9k credits for the one game that didn't get played. Not to mention the parking credits that would have to be issued as well.

10 games played, no refunds or credits. 9 games played and alot of extra work for the ticket office.

Big Frog II

Yall are missing the big picture here. It always comes down to money.

Of course they are going to find us an opponent. That way when season ticket renewals roll around next year, they won't have to deal with issuing 9k credits for the one game that didn't get played. Not to mention the parking credits that would have to be issued as well.

10 games played, no refunds or credits. 9 games played and alot of extra work for the ticket office.
I had the same thoughts.

Froginbedford

Yeah, it's not intended to be a serious prediction, not even a real WAG if a game were played. On paper, at The Carter, we "should" be a slight favorite. However, my un-expert game-watching leads me to believe we'd have a whole potful of difficulty matching up well with their quick-, high-scoring offense on the field. If our unpredictable offensive "fire" were to cross paths with Smoo's likely enthusiasm to beat their metroplex rivals, I just don't think it would turn out at all well for us. Would I seriously predict 54-6? Oh, probably not...but I would not expect it to be a down-to-the-final-play game. Perhaps we'd not be humiliated, but I think it would be embarrassing.

No matter the score, losing to SMU is humiliating....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
No matter the score, losing to SMU is humiliating....
It is paper-bag-over-the-head embarrassing. I am still shocked that heads were not rolling after last year's debacle...

Sorry. Debacle is too tame a word for what happened last year. Power wedgie? Tampon Pizza? Puppy in a blender? Goatf--k? Even my extensive vocabulary is befuddled by the sheer magnitude of the unpreparedness and cluelessness displayed by our Crack Staff last year. That wasn't "You're fired!" level bad, that was heads-on-pikes bad.

Limp Lizard

Only one thing constant with this offensive team 2016-2020: Cumbie at OC/ quarterbacks....especially quarterbacks. Lots of coaching changes at OL, RB, WR, co-coordinator with Cumbie, etc. Looks like the same offensive team year after year. It really stands out...the elephant in the room. Hopefully this year is the final qualifying experiment. Cumbie must be really, really smooth in person. Seen it too many times at numerous companies I worked for. Don't know if he does it by smooth talking or shifting the blame...maybe both. He impressed a lot of the media, even in bad years talk about brilliant OC coordinator at TCU. At least give it a try. Lots of great QB coaches at smaller schools.
Think I am gonna post that in numerous threads.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Its hilarious and also very predictable. So many of you were "embarrassed" or "disappointed" in the program for postponing the SMU game at the beginning of the season. Some even accused GP of being scared.

Now that the game might be played many of the same people are pissed that the program wants to play the game because apparently we will obviously lose. Even though SMU is probably only slightly better than Baylor or Tech if at all. And they're certainly not better than Texas.

BrewingFrog

Its hilarious and also very predictable. So many of you were "embarrassed" or "disappointed" in the program for postponing the SMU game at the beginning of the season. Some even accused GP of being scared.

Now that the game might be played many of the same people are pissed that the program wants to play the game because apparently we will obviously lose. Even though SMU is probably only slightly better than Baylor or Tech if at all. And they're certainly not better than Texas.
It's not their degree of suckage I'm worried about.

It's ours.

BrewingFrog

There's just no in between for so many sports fans. Either your team is great or they're terrible. Those are the only 2 options.
I believe what many are struggling with is 1.) No one really thought we'd be so utterly unorganized and inept after two solid years of disorganization and ineptitude. I mean, we can't go 0-3. Somebody's gotta notice this and fix it, right? Wrong. And, 2.) When we uncouth and ignorant sods watch a team that is unable to perform some tasks, yet perform passably at others, we are perplexed when the things we are unable to do are the foundation of most game plans, while the things we can do are forgotten. Being told over and over again that noticing this, and pointing it out, means that we're stupid and don't know anything about football gets old. Fast.

So, yeah. It was a binary choice for us this year.

Feces together status: Not together.