• The KillerFrogs

Patterson will not evaluate until after season

Froggish

Yes, but our boy Kill will be making the decision....are you thrilled at that prospect?

GP and Kill are the same person..I bet money on the following

1. Cumbie gone only because his contract up.
2. Anderson back to WRs coach
3. New OL coach from the outside
4. DM becomes the sole OC/QB coach

All of that will be sold to us as “staff shakeup” and “new blood” when in fact it’s same ole BS. GP has 3 more season left before retirement. He isnt shedding any of his dead weight pals now as he knows they’ll all be out work when he’s gone.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
no problem with gary waiting until the end of the season if he truly he is going to sit down, take a hard look at what has been happening on the offensive side of the ball for the past several years, and take appropriate action(s)

otherwise, just give me one of those patented gmfp answers that really don't make any sense unless i am heavily medicated

Could substitute gmafb for just about any gmfp answer...

"Whatever will be, will be".....yet, there is a dire need to purge and renovate the current

offensive system, complete with overdue staff dismissals and the rehiring of top quality

replacements. If the 'Good Ole Boys Club' is allowed to remain unaltered....then its business

as usual. IMHO

CountryFrog

Our program needs a change at the top before it becomes too late.

LHCGP has to go.
Regardless of your opinion on what should or shouldn't happen or what's best for the program - the idea that Patterson "has to go" is borderline insane imo. That would seem to imply that there is simply no way this program can possibly be successful (as in a 0.0% chance) with him as the head coach which you would have to be a time traveler to actually know.

It's as ridiculous as saying that Patterson must stay no matter what. The desire to make these kinds of definitive statements about people's job status seems so odd to me.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, considering that quote, I don't need a ouija board to tell me that we're looking at 1.) A miserable, bumbling display in Lawrence that will either be won on some last-second heroics or probably the worst and most humiliating defeat ever suffered by the Frogs in GMFP's long tenure. And, 2.) Then Ok. St. comes to town to slice out our guts and spread them all over the field.

Oh, and then he'll evaluate.

I can hardly wait.

Eight

Lack of change by GP isn’t near as big a problem as his inability to make the right change. He’s somehow on the cusp of his 4th OC “ Change “ since joining the B12 and none of the changes in so far have actually resulted in any form of long term improvement. For a guy who’s built his reputation on having a great eye for player talent, he’s absolutely abysmal at identifying coaching talent. For everyone clamoring for change around here I would be careful what you wish for. GP doesn’t exactly have a great track record for OC talent

similar situation to houston texans waiting for cal mcnair to hire a new gm and head coach

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
similar situation to houston texans waiting for cal mcnair to hire a new gm and head coach
Considering the never-ending clown show that was O'Brien and the horrible idiot they had for a GM all those years, he'd do better by picking random names out of the phone book.

JugbandFrog

Regardless of your opinion on what should or shouldn't happen or what's best for the program - the idea that Patterson "has to go" is borderline insane imo. That would seem to imply that there is simply no way this program can possibly be successful (as in a 0.0% chance) with him as the head coach which you would have to be a time traveler to actually know.

It's as ridiculous as saying that Patterson must stay no matter what. The desire to make these kinds of definitive statements about people's job status seems so odd to me.
This statement coupled with EVERYTHING else. He is failing to hold himself, and his coaches accountable.

Nothing he is saying or doing gives anyone the confidence that he will be taking the program out of the doldrums he has led us to.

Eight

Considering the never-ending clown show that was O'Brien and the horrible idiot they had for a GM all those years, he'd do better by picking random names out of the phone book.

kubiak actually did a solid job until his head exploded during a game

watching the seahawks the other night and there is duane brown at left tackle being effective reinforced how the mcnairs just ignored any early signs of o'brien's incompetence simply because the money was rolling in to the franchise from the fan's buying tickets and television

Bizarro Frog

This program has not been the same since Bumpas retired. I think he took the pressure Coach P both during the game and the week of.

If we fix the offensive line our Offensive coaches would look smart again. If we get pressure from our Defensive Ends then we become a somewhat dominant defense again.

GO FROGS!!!!!

CountryFrog

This statement coupled with EVERYTHING else. He is failing to hold himself, and his coaches accountable.

Nothing he is saying or doing gives anyone the confidence that he will be taking the program out of the doldrums he has led us to.
Why do you care so much about what he says to the media? And why would that impact his job status in either a positive or negative way? Besides there's not anything he can actually say that will make any of us feel better anyway. The only thing that's going to actually make anyone feel better is winning more games. But it's hard to win games on off days.

CountryFrog

kubiak actually did a solid job until his head exploded during a game

watching the seahawks the other night and there is duane brown at left tackle being effective reinforced how the mcnairs just ignored any early signs of o'brien's incompetence simply because the money was rolling in to the franchise from the fan's buying tickets and television
Hard to believe that team was actually up 24-0 on the Chiefs in the playoffs just a few months ago.

Pharm Frog

Worst part of this statement is that GP sees himself in a position to evaluate something other than who plays steel guitar on his next song.

Tumbleweed

I've lost all confidence in Gary and if only minor changes happen, I'll be really disappointed in my school. Yes Steel they are setting this up as the year of the covid, and the financial outlook looks bleak for changes for a while. This step is the easiest for now and TCU has its hands tied, but TCU should have made a change in the program over a year ago. I would like someone to assure me that Gary can handle this. Specifics, not intentions.

Eight

GP and Kill are the same person..I bet money on the following

1. Cumbie gone only because his contract up.
2. Anderson back to WRs coach
3. New OL coach from the outside
4. DM becomes the sole OC/QB coach

All of that will be sold to us as “staff shakeup” and “new blood” when in fact it’s same ole BS. GP has 3 more season left before retirement. He isnt shedding any of his dead weight pals now as he knows they’ll all be out work when he’s gone.

if sonny's contract is up at the end of the year that makes a great deal of sense in there being no buyout at a time when the program is down revenue.

meacham becoming the sole oc and qb coach is a disturbing idea based upon his time at uh in 2013 when he had those roles (especially the last half of that season) and his time at kansas.