• The KillerFrogs

Desmond Bane

Purp

I meant they’ve made a lot of great choices over the last few years. Including grabbing the best young player in the league a few years ago.
Now I see. Before Luka and after winning the title they made every wrong decision possible. They still don't have my full faith and support in that front office even after Luka.

tcudoc

Now I see. Before Luka and after winning the title they made every wrong decision possible. They still don't have my full faith and support in that front office even after Luka.
Top four things Suzanne Vega knows about Luka:
Luka lived on the second floor.
He lived upstairs from her.
She thinks she's seen him before.
He has outstanding court vision, reminiscent of Magic Johnson.

List of NBA stats of TCU players from NBA reference:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.fcgi?college=txchrist

Scott Brooks only played one year for TCU before transferring I think. I was at the game where he drove Kevin Klein from Arky crazy fronting him the whole game.

The list also includes Kevin Williams who went to St. Johns. It also lists TCU, but I don't remember him and can't find he garnered any stats for the Frogs. Did he attend but never play? Or is that an error?

List of NBA stats of TCU players from NBA reference:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.fcgi?college=txchrist

Scott Brooks only played one year for TCU before transferring I think. I was at the game where he drove Kevin Klein from Arky crazy fronting him the whole game.

The list also includes Kevin Williams who went to St. Johns. It also lists TCU, but I don't remember him and can't find he garnered any stats for the Frogs. Did he attend but never play? Or is that an error?
Kurt Thomas has about as many minutes played as the rest of the other horned frogs combined.

Wog68

Yeah our best NBA starting five from TCU is pretty tough to put together. I guess

C Thomas
F Nailon
F Kennedy
G Brooks
F Kenrich

Hopefully Bane makes his way into that group
Gary Turner was drafted by the Celtics in 1966, and TCU's greatest athlete, Micky McCarty, was drafted in the first round of the 1968 ABA draft by the Dallas Chaparelles.

Last edited:

SuperBarrFrog

Nothing at all wrong with Memphis. It's obviously not a premier city but there are plenty of worse destinations in the NBA. Plus it'll be pretty close to his native Indiana and a short flight to either Chicago or Miami.
My brother went to school at Rhodes College in Memphis so I always thought Memphis was super cool when I would visit him from Springfield, MO in high school. I never really experienced much there besides the tourist stuff and places around campus. Last thanksgiving we stopped in Memphis on our drive back to Atlanta and had lunch at Huey’s and took his daughter to walk around the Rhodes Campus. Hadn’t been there in 20 years so it was a fun stop. It’s still one of the most beautiful college campuses I’ve visited.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

Fun town, but with a very high violent crime rate.
In 2019 Memphis was #3, Nashville # 18. Memphis murder rate is #6.
Fort Worth is not in the top 50.
Have fun but be careful, dude.

Last edited:

tcudoc

Fun town, but with a very high violent crime rate.
In 2019 Memphis was #3, Nashville # 18. Memphis murder rate is #6.
Fort Worth is not in the top 50.
Have fun but be careful, dude.
Yep. A colleague's son is a trauma surgeon in Memphis. Let's just say they stay pretty busy.