• The KillerFrogs

Topeka Capital-Journal: KU announces no fan policy for remaining football home games

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Topeka Capital-Journal: KU announces no fan policy for remaining football home games

By Matt Galloway

LAWRENCE — Kansas football has played its final home game in front of fans this season, while the Jayhawk men’s basketball program’s fate in that regard remains to-be-determined.

KU on Tuesday announced that the Jayhawk football team’s final two home games — a 2:30 p.m. Saturday tilt against Texas and a 7 p.m. Nov. 28 battle against TCU — will be contested without fans inside David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Chancellor Douglas Girod cited the “ongoing surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across the region” in the decision to suspend all home competitions through the end of November.

Read more at https://www.cjonline.com/sports/202...-fan-policy-for-remaining-football-home-games

froginmn

Went with my daughter to a game there a couple years back and the visitor tailgate experience was atrocious. I asked one of the parking lot attendants where I might find a tailgate lot (the central lots were prepaid) and they gave me one. I drove out there and it was completely empty. Not one car. So I drove back to a spot where people had been holding up parking signs. Ended up in a guy's yard in a miserable little alley. Fired up the grill just long enough to cook something, then bolted.

We connected with an alumni tailgate event, which was fine.

On the good side, walking in a KU guy tells me he won an upgrade into some recliner seats or something and asks if I'd like to buy his seats. I had mine but offered him a very small amount for seats that ended up being on the 50. KU fans were cool so the game was fine despite the narrow win.

Not a trip I'll make again though.

LSU Game Attendee

tenor.gif

Paul in uhh

Went with my daughter to a game there a couple years back and the visitor tailgate experience was atrocious. I asked one of the parking lot attendants where I might find a tailgate lot (the central lots were prepaid) and they gave me one. I drove out there and it was completely empty. Not one car. So I drove back to a spot where people had been holding up parking signs. Ended up in a guy's yard in a miserable little alley. Fired up the grill just long enough to cook something, then bolted.

On the good side, walking in a KU guy tells me he won an upgrade into some recliner seats or something and asks if I'd like to buy his seats. I had mine but offered him a very small amount for seats that ended up being on the 50. KU fans were cool so the game was fine despite the narrow win.

I’ve always thought the town KU is in is supposed to be pretty good? Or is that KSU?

Tailgate is at the Boom Boom Room.

CountryFrog

I’ve always thought the town KU is in is supposed to be pretty good? Or is that KSU?
By Kansas standards then Lawrence is the greatest thing known to man. I personally think it's just ok. Nothing special but not bad either for a college town.

Manhattan is nothing. If you've ever been to Stillwater then you've also been to Manhattan.

CountryFrog

I stopped talking any [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about KU and their fans, or team, or stadium, or program, since 2014.
I doubt that 90% of people who claim to be Kansas fans have any idea about the football results against TCU. Hell most of them are probably unaware of the fact that Kansas even has a football team.

ftwfrog

I doubt that 90% of people who claim to be Kansas fans have any idea about the football results against TCU. Hell most of them are probably unaware of the fact that Kansas even has a football team.
Oh not worried about insulting KU fans. Just don’t want any bad juju