• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

So next year we will have...

Starters: Mathis and Coleman
2nd Team: Horton and Ellison
3rd Team: Armstrong and ??
True Freshman: Watson and Murray

We have a lot of bodies for sure but if this University of North Texas guy can provide a speed rush I'd take him in a heart beat. We are still super young at the position and having to defend 80+ plays a game you need 5 solid DEs a game.

when are we defending 80+ plays a game?

here are the average number of plays per game the opposing offenses have run since 2014:

2014 - 73
2015 - 77
2016 - 77
2017 - 61
2018 - 69
2019 - 64
2020 - 62

have there been individual games where an opposing offense has run 80+ plays? heck yes, but we haven't been near those numbers for 4 years and only one opposing offense has run 70 plays this year and that was baylor

in fact, only two teams have run more offensive plays than tcu this year, ou with 67 (+7) and baylor with 70 (+3). this past week the frogs and wvu ran the same number of offensive plays and the other games the frogs ran more plays by a fairly big margin

in regards to being super young that just isn't right as well. mathis is a 3rd year soph, horton is a junior, colt is a soph and next year all three will be upper classmen and arrmstrong would be in his 3rd year in the program.

what we aren't is consistent or productive at a key position that is critical for this defense and we have really, really fallen off since ben and lj. biggest drop in productive talent since the frogs have joined the big 12 at a critical position

Oh boy ! Here it comes. PARADE OF THE SCRUBS !

Tcu having a really tough recruiting time this year. Tcu is the kind of place that (great) recruits need to visit to get convinced to come. Tcu isn't a slam dunk blue blood recruiting power destination like BAMA, FLORIDA, AUBURN, GEORGIA, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, OHIO ST, WISCONSIN, USC, UCLA, TENNESSEE, CLEMSON, etc......

To get a 4 or 5 star guy to come to FrogTown recruits must visit and be blown away by family atmosphere and closeness of team. Cant get that feeling unless you visit. Cant get 4 and 5 stars to "imagine" that. Even a high 3 star is tough to get this year. So with the Virus out there (no visits allowed) you will see a PARADE OF THE SCRUBS this year in Frog recruiting.

Lots of scrubs from University of North Texas commit list and some that have offers from Prairie View A&M and SouthWest Texas Vocational School Piano Conservatory. Coaches are beating the (scrub) bushes right now because the bigtime recruits have already eliminated Frogs and won't reconsider without a visit (and they can't visit). Look for much more of a PARADE shortly, the closer we get to NSD.

Coaches currently looking at a Liberty commit, a UTSA commit, 2 University of North Texas commits and a Hardin Simmons commit. One Coach is examining (don't know if will offer) a kid from S Dakota St. Might as well look at N Dakota St while he is up there !! And maybe Nova Scotia A&M while up there. I heard there is a good one at Newfoundland College and one down here nearby at West Louisiana Purgatory College. All players from the BOOT are really good as we know - we need more from the boot !!

PARADE should start soon. Get your place in line to watch !!

I'm also not convinced on MURRAY (DE commit). Ive seen him play and I think he is soft. I would like to see a real 4 star SDE commit other than MURRAY. SDE is a real weak point at TCU and MURRAY aint the answer at all in my opinion.

WATSON....yes....MURRAY no.

I don't see anybody on the roster or committed who is the answer at SDE. Not good. Gotta have a SDE that strikes fear in opposition and the opponent has to design running plays AWAY FROM that side of field (which cuts their running play possibilities in half when they only have one half the field to use - as when LJ COLLIER was here). When COLLIER and BANAGU were here, teams avoided COLLIERs side of field and ran to BANAGUs side (which also did not work well). So teams pretty much gave up on sweeps and any running play that went wide (to either side), which severely limited opposition offenses.

TCU needs a really big mobile SDE (and it aint gonna be MURRAY). A guy 6'5" - 6'6" and 265-280 lbs so he can handle the 300 lb pulling guards.

TCu aint got that kind of guy on roster and he aint on the new recruit class horizon either.

Just my view.

BAYLOR gonna lose more commits.

The Suks2BU commit I want is TATE WILLIAMS !! That guy is gonna be a really big star and he was talking seriously to TCU right before he committed to SUKS. WILLIAMS would complete a good (not great but good) OL recruit class for Frogs.

The road to a "GREAT" OL recruit class would be to get WILLIAMS from SUKS and SAVION BYRD (uncommitted). Probably not realistic but if both happened then the 2021 OL recruit class would be (combined with 2020 OL class) would put TCU Oline youngsters on a National Championship quality path. With WILLIAMS and BYRD added to the 2021 class and the 20121 class added to 2020 class there would be no team in the country with better OLine potential - not even Ohio St and Bama.

Probably a pipe dream to get both WILLIAMS and BYRD but those two would launch this team on an amazing trajectory when added to 2020 OLine recruits. It would be the best Oline ever at Tcu and almost unimaginatively spectacular.

The only other SUKS2BU commit I would want is CICO CASTON. He is also gonna be a really good Safety.

SUKS can keep all the rest of their 18 or 19 collection of total scrubs. I wouldn't want any one of the rest of their junior high school scrubby scrub commits. Literally 14 of the SUKS commits have offers from just teams like UTSA, MIDWESTERN ST, ANGELO ST, TROY, NICHOLAS ST, and scrubby places like that.

Hilarious to see SUKs2BU fans brag about having 19 commits when almost all of them are raggedy-azzzzed scrubbies that Schmmooo didn't even want.

Eight

I'm also not convinced on MURRAY (DE commit). Ive seen him play and I think he is soft. I would like to see a real 4 star SDE commit other than MURRAY. SDE is a real weak point at TCU and MURRAY aint the answer at all in my opinion.

WATSON....yes....MURRAY no.

I don't see anybody on the roster or committed who is the answer at SDE. Not good. Gotta have a SDE that strikes fear in opposition and the opponent has to design running plays AWAY FROM that side of field (which cuts their running play possibilities in half when they only have one half the field to use - as when LJ COLLIER was here). When COLLIER and BANAGU were here, teams avoided COLLIERs side of field and ran to BANAGUs side (which also did not work well). So teams pretty much gave up on sweeps and any running play that went wide (to either side), which severely limited opposition offenses.

TCU needs a really big mobile SDE (and it aint gonna be MURRAY). A guy 6'5" - 6'6" and 265-280 lbs so he can handle the 300 lb pulling guards.

TCu aint got that kind of guy on roster and he aint on the new recruit class horizon either.

Just my view.

tenor.gif

tragically, i have expressed similar thoughts multiple times on this site though just typing that almost trigger projectile vomiting

the one guy who could possibly carry that weight is eillison, but he has been mia much of this season so who knows. had hoped they would leave barquet at de, but unless he is a 5 in an odd man front they seem to be intent on sliding him inside

Moose Stuff

Tcu having a really tough recruiting time this year. Tcu is the kind of place that (great) recruits need to visit to get convinced to come. Tcu isn't a slam dunk blue blood recruiting power destination like BAMA, FLORIDA, AUBURN, GEORGIA, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, OHIO ST, WISCONSIN, USC, UCLA, TENNESSEE, CLEMSON, etc......

To get a 4 or 5 star guy to come to FrogTown recruits must visit and be blown away by family atmosphere and closeness of team. Cant get that feeling unless you visit. Cant get 4 and 5 stars to "imagine" that. Even a high 3 star is tough to get this year. So with the Virus out there (no visits allowed) you will see a PARADE OF THE SCRUBS this year in Frog recruiting.

Lots of scrubs from University of North Texas commit list and some that have offers from Prairie View A&M and SouthWest Texas Vocational School Piano Conservatory. Coaches are beating the (scrub) bushes right now because the bigtime recruits have already eliminated Frogs and won't reconsider without a visit (and they can't visit). Look for much more of a PARADE shortly, the closer we get to NSD.

Coaches currently looking at a Liberty commit, a UTSA commit, 2 University of North Texas commits and a Hardin Simmons commit. One Coach is examining (don't know if will offer) a kid from S Dakota St. Might as well look at N Dakota St while he is up there !! And maybe Nova Scotia A&M while up there. I heard there is a good one at Newfoundland College and one down here nearby at West Louisiana Purgatory College. All players from the BOOT are really good as we know - we need more from the boot !!

Where are the two commits we were supposed to get last week?

Seriously, why don’t you take it some place else. Your attempt at either humor or stirring the pot falls way short. Guessing you are somewhere between 18 and 25 years old and if you are older than that you are a complete looser. What you provide is worthless and only has a negative effect on TCU football. I’m guessing you never took a snap on a football field and you regularly got your ass kick in high school... except for the average person of your probable generation has never been in a real fight. Guessing you are either divorced or never been married because you have no life or if you have and you have kids that think you are a complete looser. You are basically calling our incoming class worthless, hope that you feel good about that, nothing like criticizing 18 year old kids... big man.

StealthFrog

Seriously, why is this guy allowed to post on this board? Much like Patterson needs to get rid of his buddy coaches, it’s time for the moderators to get rid of their buddy troll.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Seriously, why don’t you take it some place else. Your attempt at either humor or stirring the pot falls way short. Guessing you are somewhere between 18 and 25 years old and if you are older than that you are a complete looser. What you provide is worthless and only has a negative effect on TCU football. I’m guessing you never took a snap on a football field and you regularly got your ass kick in high school... except for the average person of your probable generation has never been in a real fight. Guessing you are either divorced or never been married because you have no life or if you have and you have kids that think you are a complete looser. You are basically calling our incoming class worthless, hope that you feel good about that, nothing like criticizing 18 year old kids... big man.
Looser?

Moose Stuff

Sometime when I think about Wyoming Frog... Johnny from Karate Kids comes to mind... riding his dirt bike, wearing his Skelton Halloween costume, sweeping Daniel’s leg... loved it when Mr Miyagi kicked his ass... so from now on Wyoming Frog your Delta Chi name is Johnny

This is hands down the worst observation in KFC history. Daniel Larusso was a whiny little [ hundin] and 100% the villain in that movie. Johnny Lawrence is a legend.