• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Gary Patterson dismisses Urban Meyer's critique of TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson dismisses Urban Meyer's critique of TCU football

By DEAN STRAKA

Retired three-time national champion college football coach Urban Meyer has questions for TCU football, but veteran Horned Frogs head coach Gary Patterson would rather listen to other critics, if any of them at all. The longtime TCU head coach, on Monday, told reporters that Meyer's opinion of the program isn't one that he's putting much stock into after the former Florida and Ohio State coach questioned the direction of the Horned Frogs program on FOX during halftime of TCU's 24-6 loss to West Virginia on Saturday.

"I can't worry about what Urban Meyer says," Patterson said on Monday's Big 12 football coaches teleconference. "He got out of coaching."

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/gary-...otball-big-12-fox-sports-broadcast-154886386/

Mean Purple

A. We all knew that when Urban made those statements, GP was going to get asked and it was likely he would not deflect it well. Quite frankly, this is the fault of the folks who handle communications in the Ath. Dept. They should have had an answer ready for him. Along the lines of "I'm focused on this team and what we need to do to get better. etc. can't really be focused on what is being said in the media. etc."
B. Other than deflecting it, there's not really anything GP should say.

His post game comments give the view that he knows they program is doing down a wrong path. When folks said he would not get rid of S, he did. He wants some more trophies, so my guess is the offensive staff should be updating resumes.

PO Frog

A. We all knew that when Urban made those statements, GP was going to get asked and it was likely he would not deflect it well. Quite frankly, this is the fault of the folks who handle communications in the Ath. Dept. They should have had an answer ready for him. Along the lines of "I'm focused on this team and what we need to do to get better. etc. can't really be focused on what is being said in the media. etc."
B. Other than deflecting it, there's not really anything GP should say.

His post game comments give the view that he knows they program is doing down a wrong path. When folks said he would not get rid of S, he did. He wants some more trophies, so my guess is the offensive staff should be updating resumes.
He got rid of Schultz? If that’s who you’re referring to he actually didn’t. We lucked into him getting the OC job at Illinois. Thank god for that or he might still be calling plays.