• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Just as long as the go forward corps does not feature the corpse of Michael Bradley in the middle and/or Altidore up front.
USMNT is DOA in either of those scenarios.
I think Bradley is done as a contributor for this team. The entire midfield group outclasses him. Until we find a goal scorer I'm afraid Altidore will continue to resurface.
I mentioned this before, but I am still interested to see what Jozy would look like surrounded by all this talent. I think he could find something he's never shown before bc he won't have to create for himself.

Before tonight I felt like we didn't have a #6 to supplant Bradley, but Tyler Adams has won me over in 45 minutes. I agree with Stu Holden's assessment. Adams appears to have the same work rate as Bradley, but he plays a different style. Adams is faster and quicker and that brings something Bradley couldn't against the world's best central midfielders. Maybe he doesn't play long balls as well as Bradley, but he's also not the most important player on the pitch like Bradley was. He's really impressed me controlling the center of the park, especially since I'd always known him to be an outside midfielder.

Moose Stuff

Agree with all the above. Adams is so good. McKennie isn't far behind. Literally ZERO reason for Lletget to have played almost that entire game. We've got these two games and that's it for the entirety of 2020. Heaven forbid we use them to attempt to identify someone at the one position we truly need someone at. SMFH.

Purp

Tim Ream... SMH.

Thinking this has to mean Brooks is being kept out for club reasons. Can't imagine how/why you'd have a starting 11 without him as your top center back unless you promised his club he'd only play a certain number of minutes.

Just checked the score and it looks like we're off to a hot start. Hope that persists.

tcujsauce

Thinking this has to mean Brooks is being kept out for club reasons. Can't imagine how/why you'd have a starting 11 without him as your top center back unless you promised his club he'd only play a certain number of minutes.

Just checked the score and it looks like we're off to a hot start. Hope that persists.

He’s played almost every minute for Wolfsburg and they can’t afford to lose him so that’s likely part of it. I’m peeved Richards isn’t getting more run.

Moose Stuff

Reyna, Dest, Adams, McKennie, Musah.... man, so good. Keep Musah and we're looking at one of the best midfields in the world in the coming years. Can't believe I just typed that.