• The KillerFrogs

GP needs to tap the breaks...

MinFrog

He wants to dismiss what Urban said? GP can't hold Urban's jock.

GP is too worried about his defensive stats and recording music. He need to ride off in the sunset if he thinks what Urban said is irrelevant.

I am getting close to being done with GP. You can be quirky and a ego-maniac when you are winning, but he ain't done much winning the past few years.

Wexahu

He wants to dismiss what Urban said? GP can't hold Urban's jock.

GP is too worried about his defensive stats and recording music. He need to ride off in the sunset if he thinks what Urban said is irrelevant.

I am getting close to being done with GP. You can be quirky and a ego-maniac when you are winning, but he ain't done much winning the past few years.

In fairness to GP I'm not sure how you answer that question without more or less dismissing it.

In fairness to GP I'm not sure how you answer that question without more or less dismissing it.
I think, for most of us, the "I can't worry about what Urban Meyer says." part gets us jaded. The "He got out of coaching." part is chiding. Urban is one of the greatest coaches in history. He said he watches our program and something is clearly wrong. I would probably want to know what he thinks and would pick up the phone and call him - not dismiss him.

Wexahu

I think, for most of us, the "I can't worry about what Urban Meyer says." part gets us jaded. The "He got out of coaching." part is chiding. Urban is one of the greatest coaches in history. He said he watches our program and something is clearly wrong. I would probably want to know what he thinks and would pick up the phone and call him - not dismiss him.

That was a weird comment that made no sense but I don't really know what he could've said that would have been the "right" answer.

Basically GP is terrible in interviews, always has been. You just expect stupid answers that make little sense.

Frog-in-law1995

Maybe he did?

PATERSON doesn't have to call URBAN MEYER. I can tell PATERSON what is wrong (but he won't listen because he is stubborn).

IT IS EXTREMELY OBVIOUS WHAT IS WRONG !! ANYONE WHO KNOWS EVEN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT FOOTBALL CAN SEE IT !! (except recess majors)

All other B12 teams rush 4 linemen against Tcu and most times send a LB too (that makes 5 players rushing the TCU QB and sometimes they send 6 to rush the TCU QB). That means the TCU QB has very little time to throw.........thus the TCU offense is struggling tremendously.

But then......when TCU is on defense........the brain dead philosophy is to rush just 3 linemen against the opposing QB and drop 8 into coverage. THAT AINT GONNA WORK TONTO AND HAS NEVER EVER WORKED AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL INCLUDING HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, AND THE PROS !! It never works to rush the opposing QB with just 3 down linemen. As in.....NEVER EVER !!

This isn't rocket surgery. Tcu defense is giving opposing QBs all day to pick apart the Frog defense (and they are doing it well) -
while on offense the TCU QB has only a few seconds to throw and he has to face a constant Chinese Fire Drill of opposing player rushing him from all angles.

This isn't hard to figure out. URBAN MEYER is too nice to say what I said above but everyone knows why TCU is getting horsewhipped by inferior teams.

Moose Stuff

That was a weird comment that made no sense but I don't really know what he could've said that would have been the "right" answer.

Basically GP is terrible in interviews, always has been. You just expect stupid answers that make little sense.

I would have been OK with something like "Urban is entitled to his opinion but it's not something I'm gonna comment on". I would have been more OK with "he's right, there IS something wrong and I'm gonna fix it".

URBAN MEYER on national TV on Saturday (when TCU got horsewhipped by an inferior WVU team) said that -

"something is wrong with TCU and Coach Patterson because this should not be happening because TCU recruits much much better than WVU and has better talent".

He went on to say -

"TCU is the #3 best recruiting team in the B12 and has great talent. Something is wrong at TCU and something is wrong with Patterson that West Virginia is beating TCU like this".

Patterson then commented today with the following (dumb) statement about URBAN MEYER (who is a national Hall of Fame Coach with multiple National Championships) -

"URBAN MEYER doesn't coach anymore and he is out of coaching. I don't really have any comment about what URBAN MEYER says and I don't know why he says it"

That was not smart of PATERSON to say about a very highly respected coach and PATERSON is taking lots of heat nationally for saying such a dumb comment. Would have been better to be gracious and just say something good about Meyer and then drop it rather than to try to say what he said. Not good !

PATERSON doesn't have to call URBAN MEYER. I can tell PATERSON what is wrong (but he won't listen because he is stubborn).

IT IS EXTREMELY OBVIOUS WHAT IS WRONG !! ANYONE WHO KNOWS EVEN A LITTLE BIT ABOUT FOOTBALL CAN SEE IT !! (except recess majors)

All other B12 teams rush 4 linemen against Tcu and most times send a LB too (that makes 5 players rushing the TCU QB and sometimes they send 6 to rush the TCU QB). That means the TCU QB has very little time to throw.........thus the TCU offense is struggling tremendously.

But then......when TCU is on defense........the brain dead philosophy is to rush just 3 linemen against the opposing QB and drop 8 into coverage. THAT AINT GONNA WORK TONTO AND HAS NEVER EVER WORKED AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL INCLUDING HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, AND THE PROS !! It never works to rush the opposing QB with just 3 down linemen. As in.....NEVER EVER !!

This isn't rocket surgery. Tcu defense is giving opposing QBs all day to pick apart the Frog defense (and they are doing it well) -
while on offense the TCU QB has only a few seconds to throw and he has to face a constant Chinese Fire Drill of opposing player rushing him from all angles.

This isn't hard to figure out. URBAN MEYER is too nice to say what I said above but everyone knows why TCU is getting horsewhipped by inferior teams.
Just earlier this year ISU got pressure against TCU rushing three for the majority of the game. It is no wonder he doesn’t listen to you. Urban Meyer, on the other hand has more credentials than just being someone with too much time on his hands.