• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Best job in America.’ Jerry Kill embraces new role, ready to turn TCU’s offense around

Froggy Style

Kill's real job is for GP to have someone to point the finger at. The "head coach of the offense".

The position alone is an excuse and part of the cash cow problem we have right now. No incentive to change as there is always a built in excuse.

tetonfrog

Kill’s job is simple. He is the one guy who GP might listen to about changing the offensive coaching staff after the season.

GP hired him to analyze the offense. If Kill is honest, he will say, “These guys are holding you back. You will never make another run at the title again unless you fire them.”

Now, do I think he will do that...,,,......no. But at least our baseball team will be good again.

Paul in uhh

Kill’s job is simple. He is the one guy who GP might listen to about changing the offensive coaching staff after the season.

GP hired him to analyze the offense. If Kill is honest, he will say, “These guys are holding you back. You will never make another run at the title again unless you fire them.”

Now, do I think he will do that...,,,......no. But at least our baseball team will be good again.
I think jerry kill will see that SC and DM go their own ways this offseason and then GP will promote him to OC

Limey Frog

Kill's real job is for GP to have someone to point the finger at. The "head coach of the offense".

The position alone is an excuse and part of the cash cow problem we have right now. No incentive to change as there is always a built in excuse.

He was brought in to solve the endemic problems stemming from GP's stubborn cronyism.

Now that's irony, folks.

Mean Purple

What we are seeing is NOT the offense Cumbie and Meach like to run. It's a failed attempt of some part rpo. Is that Kill getting in the way? Is it GP getting in the way? This is not the offense we saw in 2014. There is pretty much not up tempo run.

Eight

What we are seeing is NOT the offense Cumbie and Meach like to run. It's a failed attempt of some part rpo. Is that Kill getting in the way? Is it GP getting in the way? This is not the offense we saw in 2014. There is pretty much not up tempo run.

reminds me of when wacker decided to implement the run in shoot with a staff that had been coaching the veer for years

technical knowledge does matter at times

Mean Purple

reminds me of when wacker decided to implement the run in shoot with a staff that had been coaching the veer for years

technical knowledge does matter at times
you know what we need more of with this offensive line playing the way they are ... more cute plays that take 5 seconds to develop behind the line of scrimage. that's just gotta work.

PurpleBlood87

‘Best job in America.’ Jerry Kill embraces new role, ready to turn TCU’s offense around

By Drew Davison

Jerry Kill and Gary Patterson first crossed paths in the early 1980s, two small-town Kansas kids aspiring to climb the college football coaching ladder.

Life was far from glamorous. They weren’t making seven-figure salaries and driving courtesy vehicles provided by universities.

“We started at the bottom, living off $250 a month in trailer houses,” Kill said. “We’re just two small-town guys from Kansas. Now here we are at TCU.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article240316081.html#storylink=cpy

This didn't age well.