• The KillerFrogs

Urban Meyer (no I am not going there...)

All 3.

A) players don’t trust the offensive scheme at a bare minimum and I wonder if they trust GP’s management of the team overall

B) we have seen players openly arguing with coaches this season a few times. Add in the bizarre GP/kill/meacham/Cumbie relationship and it’s plenty dysfunctional.

C) it’s tougher to see with only game film but we have seen plenty of players already enter the portal rather than ride out the rest of the season.

Or maybe this thing went off the rails when Gary decided it was a brilliant idea to repeat the N word.

wilson912

We definitely have a problem within the program. To blame it all on Gary is wrong, he’s had success. Seems like a serious talk is needed but he’s far far from the worst HC in the Big 12:

Aranda (BU): It’s early but he doesn’t feel like a head coach.

Wells (TTU): Seems in over his head at Power 5 level.

Miles (KU): Time to retire, some may draw parallels between him and Gary, ie best days are past them.

Herman (UT): Hard to say he’s better than Gary when Gary has owned him.

Gundy (OSU): I’d give him the nod over Gary but not by much.

Brown (WVU): Impressive young coach, seems like a Campbell starter kit, an up and comer, would take him over Gary now.

Campbell (ISU): Solid young coach who has ISU heading in the right direction. Definitely would give him the nod over Gary.

Klieman (KSU): Very impressed with this guy although team is sliding a bit of late. Seems very organized and a good leader, would love to have him over Gary.

Riley (OU): He’s the man, may be at OU for a long time. Has toyed with Gary thus far, not close.

With his contract, may have no choice but to keep Gary but may be best to go get an alpha male OC who has JD’s backing. Tough times friends.

Last edited:

4 Oaks Frog

His example of Selfishness was a running back who just wants to carry the ball, but not block when the play calls for it. I think we’ve seen that with some of our RBs and WRs.
That might be so, but it doesn’t explain our problems on defense. I think #2 explains a lot of what is happening to our entire team. Kids are different today. They are used to being told how great they are from pee wee through high school. When the get to Frogland, all of a sudden you have a group that is heavily critical and short on praise. Kids today don’t react to that like we used to. They see it as a slam instead of a challenge to get better. The kids aren’t going to change, so the coaching must. Coaches have to adapt, or they will never be successful again. I’m not saying don’t be tough, just be tough in a different way. Our coaches seem to be done with a kid if they are nursing an injury, or are having a tough time getting the system. Screaming at a kid until he gets it doesn’t seem to work that well anymore. All of this can cause loss of respect, loss of trust, dread and fear. All signs of a dysfunctional group/team. That seems to be TCU football.
GO FROGS!
BEAT SOMEBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!

Eight

What scheme?

this, watched uo and wsu followed by uw and osu last night and even when either of those four squads struggled at times and they all had struggles at times you could definitely see a definitive plan of attack, you could see what they were trying to do against the opposing defense

when have we seen that this year from the frogs?