• The KillerFrogs

He can’t throw a ball in the friggin’ ocean.....

asleep003

Even with 3 OL starters out... we are still suppose to have the next men up developed enough to help us make a game of it. Max had few plays with good pass protection. and most run plays, the RBs had to work for most of their yards totally on their own.

Salfrog

Tier 1
how do we have zero scholarship QBs who can throw the ball? In the big 12!!!!!

and a recruit from Germany who also might not throw well

I thought there was some on here that said Cumbie was some sort of a QB whisperer and could develop QB's with his eyes closed. Our QB's since Boykin look like Anderson has been coaching them up.

I thought there was some on here that said Cumbie was some sort of a QB whisperer and could develop QB's with his eyes closed. Our QB's since Boykin look like Anderson has been coaching them up.
While there is competition in this department, that narrative is one of the most ridiculous things posted on TCU message boards. There is absolutely zero evidence that Cumbie is even a decent QB coach, much less a good one or "whisperer." The evidence suggests that he is as bad at that as he is at being an OC and play caller. I'll be glad when he is gone.

Salfrog

Tier 1
While there is competition in this department, that narrative is one of the most ridiculous things posted on TCU message boards. There is absolutely zero evidence that Cumbie is even a decent QB coach, much less a good one or "whisperer." The evidence suggests that he is as bad at that as he is at being an OC and play caller. I'll be glad when he is gone.

Exactly!!

CountryFrog

The Cumbie is a QB whisperer thing seems like one of the bigger straw men on this board. I see people bring up time and again some version of "I told you all he was no QB whisperer."

The most positive thing that's been said about Cumbie in the last 3 years is some people saying they don't believe he should be fired yet. And I don't think there is even that being said by anyone any longer. I've literally NEVER heard or seen anyone call him a great coach or a QB whisperer. Even when we were rolling in 14 and 15 it was Meachum getting most of the credit on the staff.

Wexahu

The Cumbie is a QB whisperer thing seems like one of the bigger straw men on this board. I see people bring up time and again some version of "I told you all he was no QB whisperer."

The most positive thing that's been said about Cumbie in the last 3 years is some people saying they don't believe he should be fired yet. And I don't think there is even that being said by anyone any longer. I've literally NEVER heard or seen anyone call him a great coach or a QB whisperer. Even when we were rolling in 14 and 15 it was Meachum getting most of the credit on the staff.

I think the reason people have wanted Cumbie to stay was the thought that we’d lose some key players if we fired him and it would hurt recruiting. I don’t share that opinion btw. Players are everywhere and especially now that kids can transfer freely without losing a year, it’s irrelevant. And if players leave if you get rid of a bad coach they probably aren’t players you want anyway. If a coach isn’t getting the job done, replace him. And Cumbie hasn’t been getting the job done for years.

Eight

If the OL could block consistently we could. The backs were hit before they reached the line of scrimmage.

wrong, there were holes at times in the downhill run game, but this run game has basically one play for the backs and that is a problem when you don't have a dominant line

LisaLT

How could Max NOT be injured with the serious amount of hard hits he's been taking this year. There is no way he is 100% healthy. That said, either scheme a proper plan to take this into consideration or put someone else in who is 100%. The excuses are stupid and ridiculous.