• The KillerFrogs

Time for PATTERSON to scrap the crappy 4-2-5 defense. It aint workin !!

Other teams running the much more popular and contemporary 3-4 defense are simply KILLING our offense !! Which is why younger coaches with lesser talent are now out-coaching PATTERSON.

I realize PATERSON is in love with that defense and he is stubborn as helllll about changing anything in his program, but it may be time to re-think.

IT AINT WORKIN COACH !! Change with the times, sir or get passed up by the younger coaches !

Sebastian S

And it seems like it takes awhile to learn the Patterson defense.

offense on the other hand also sucks, maybe because they practice against the Patterson defense

who knows but something ain’t right. We are recruiting better athletes but it doesn’t show on the field

Froggy Style

Personnel more important than scheme. A pass rush and some better tackling would go a long way.
Incorrect.

We had extreme talent last year and still gave up big play after big play. 3-2-6 or 3-3-5 is what you have to run against the new offenses. We just refuse to adjust or learn new things. We'd rather write a new crappy song.

TRF51

I have zero issue with the defense, I have a lot of issues with the offense. I think we need to change our offense to something like the run and shoot, our offense is detail because we run the same offense as everyone else, just worse.

JugbandFrog

We need to bring the aggressiveness back to the defense. Mix up coverages more. Put our LBs in a position to be more aggressive near the line of scrimmage instead of dropping into coverage or turning their backs and running 1-1 with a RB, TE, or WR.

The aggressive nature of our defense is non-existent.

ftwfrog

I have zero issue with the defense, I have a lot of issues with the offense. I think we need to change our offense to something like the run and shoot, our offense is detail because we run the same offense as everyone else, just worse.
And who’s responsible for the offense?
The head coach.

There’s the problem.

Horny4TCU

I don't know... if you keep any team to 24 points and don't win, you might want to start revamping the offense.

This still falls on Patterson, but more so an admission to responsibility over the offense and the balls to do something about it.

ftwfrog

Gary brought in Krell to babysit the morons so he would not have to waste his time talking to them. Didn’t work
I still cannot blame the offensive coordinators when Anderson is coaching the OLine. What in the jell would you call when you can’t rely on run blocking and you have .6 seconds to throw.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I still cannot blame the offensive coordinators when Anderson is coaching the OLine. What in the jell would you call when you can’t rely on run blocking and you have .6 seconds to throw.

Cumbie still sucked at calling plays before Anderson took over the OL again. Meacham is a very good receiver coach, but not a good play caller. Kill has never been a good offensive coach that I can recall. This offense never had a chance of working with Moe, Larry, Curly, and Shemp running it.

Sebastian S

I don't know... if you keep any team to 24 points and don't win, you might want to start revamping the offense.

This still falls on Patterson, but more so an admission to responsibility over the offense and the balls to do something about it.

We struck the lotto with Boykin, Doctson and crew.

I am beginning to think they made the coaches look good.

we have been struggling to find an identity on offense since then.

why can’t we figure this out? We have talented players.

I ain’t too confident on our defense either.

netty2424

Personnel more important than scheme. A pass rush and some better tackling would go a long way.
Definitely missed some tackles yesterday. Each of the WVU long runs were a result of missed tackles. Our guys made contact and he ran right through them.

To the contrary, we had at least 3 plays stifled by ankle tackles. There was plenty of green ahead had they broken through.