• The KillerFrogs

Urban Meyer (no I am not going there...)

CountryFrog

If we're opening it up to the HC being selfish then yea that's probably there.

I'd make the argument though that GP along with just about every other HC in football has a fairly high degree of selfishness. They all want to do things their way because they think their way is perfect. There's a high degree of God complex with a lot of these coaches and I think that's just part of the psychology that they all possess.

Wexahu

Posted this in another thread but bears repeating. Watch the offense at the tweet linked and tell me our players couldn’t master the same thing and make us competitive and exciting again. Light years different in execution and creativity. I assure you coastal Carolina doesn’t have anything that we couldn’t match from a personnel perspective.
https://twitter.com/i/events/1326176840168448001?s=21

Pretty cool plays. The question is always would this work at a higher level but I think it probably would and I’d sure be willing to give it a try.

Spike

The problem is the scheme IMO. It’s been figured out and fools noone anymore. Defenses play offense against our offense because what we do is so predictable and based on looks the defenses give us.

A lot of the scheme is based around the lack of an O-line. Again look who is the coach there, 3 of 5 starters out due to injury, sounds like a S/C issue to me.

Just me but I think the entire O needs to be blown up and start over.

Punter1

Selfish: We punt the ball away rather than trying to win to keep our defensive stats tight.
Dysfunctional: don't know when to go for two, call time outs, punt, blitz, pass, run, adjust
Trust: Coach blames others when the offense stalls; says he's only responsible for defense. Refuses to make the changes needed for the good of the program...surrounds himself with losers so there are no threats to taking over his cash cow.

Dam dude....pretty spot on.

Putt4Purple

Posted this in another thread but bears repeating. Watch the offense at the tweet linked and tell me our players couldn’t master the same thing and make us competitive and exciting again. Light years different in execution and creativity. I assure you coastal Carolina doesn’t have anything that we couldn’t match from a personnel perspective.
https://twitter.com/i/events/1326176840168448001?s=21
Where's Tom Landry?
A very good offensive coordinator that is not given credit for. Just dreaming.

Bruce Berry

Selfish: We punt the ball away rather than trying to win to keep our defensive stats tight.
Dysfunctional: don't know when to go for two, call time outs, punt, blitz, pass, run, adjust
Trust: Coach blames others when the offense stalls; says he's only responsible for defense. Refuses to make the changes needed for the good of the program...surrounds himself with losers so there are no threats to taking over his cash cow.

And the head coach has zero humility. Devastating.

TCU_91

Meyer has actually been on our campus and throughly examined our facilities (This was shortly after he went to tOSU).

He was really impressed with the facilities...stadium, c chamber etc and stated privately this was a top 10 job in the country (which later got repeated.

I don't think there is any chance GP will fall on the sword and leave with the saintly image he has earned.

But I would keep UM's number close by.

Putt4Purple

Meyer has actually been on our campus and throughly examined our facilities (This was shortly after he went to tOSU).

He was really impressed with the facilities...stadium, c chamber etc and stated privately this was a top 10 job in the country (which later got repeated.

I don't think there is any chance GP will fall on the sword and leave with the saintly image he has earned.

I'm listening.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass

I’d be willing to bet he’s not the only coach in the country that feels this way, there is likely a lot of interest in this job (probably from some A list head coaches)

Paul in uhh

Urban said one or more of these three issues are present on underperforming teams:

-Trust issues
-Dysfunctional environment
-Selfishness

Which of these do you think our TCU football team has and why?
All 3.

A) players don’t trust the offensive scheme at a bare minimum and I wonder if they trust GP’s management of the team overall

B) we have seen players openly arguing with coaches this season a few times. Add in the bizarre GP/kill/meacham/Cumbie relationship and it’s plenty dysfunctional.

C) it’s tougher to see with only game film but we have seen plenty of players already enter the portal rather than ride out the rest of the season.

Moose Stuff

All 3.

A) players don’t trust the offensive scheme at a bare minimum and I wonder if they trust GP’s management of the team overall

B) we have seen players openly arguing with coaches this season a few times. Add in the bizarre GP/kill/meacham/Cumbie relationship and it’s plenty dysfunctional.

C) it’s tougher to see with only game film but we have seen plenty of players already enter the portal rather than ride out the rest of the season.

C is the new reality of college football. Will only get worse.