• The KillerFrogs

Urban Meyer (no I am not going there...)

Strat Frog

Urban said one or more of these three issues are present on underperforming teams:

-Trust issues
-Dysfunctional environment
-Selfishness

Which of these do you think our TCU football team has and why?

Putt4Purple

Urban said one or more of these three issues are present on underperforming teams:

-Trust issues
-Selfishness

Ouch! Hitting a nerve around these parts from what I hear from most of Frog Nation.

CountryFrog

-Trust issues
-Selfishness

At the very least the first 2 are there. I don't think you can definitively assess whether or not selfishness is am issue unless you're inside the program every day.

CountryFrog

I would think if you were an offensive player it would damn near be impossible to not have some trust issues with the coaching staff.
Very true. I think even moreso if you're a defensive player. Those guys get chewed out every time they come off the field even if it's a 3 & out. Meanwhile there appears to be very little to no accountability for the other half of the team.

CountryFrog

His example of Selfishness was a running back who just wants to carry the ball, but not block when the play calls for it. I think we’ve seen that with some of our RBs and WRs.
Possibly. I can't say you're wrong. But there are a lot of things that may cause someone to miss a block and simply not wanting to make the block is one of the possibilities. I just think it's hard to definitively identify from the outside which mistakes are made because guys don't care and which are made for a myriad of other possible reasons.

Wexahu

Possibly. I can't say you're wrong. But there are a lot of things that may cause someone to miss a block and simply not wanting to make the block is one of the possibilities. I just think it's hard to definitively identify from the outside which mistakes are made because guys don't care and which are made for a myriad of other possible reasons.

I don’t see selfishness out there. In fact, I’ve liked the body language of the guys for the most part, it doesn’t seem like anybody is sulking.

They’re human. The awful offensive scheme and the constant struggles on that side of the ball will eventually drag the whole thing down, no matter how much everyone is pulling in the same direction. Said the same thing the last couple years, this offense needs to be completely blown up. It sucks. I don’t care what players jump ship because x coach might leave, find new ones. We are going nowhere with this O.

Moose Stuff

I don’t see selfishness out there. In fact, I’ve liked the body language of the guys for the most part, it doesn’t seem like anybody is sulking.

They’re human. The awful offensive scheme and the constant struggles on that side of the ball will eventually drag the whole thing down, no matter how much everyone is pulling in the same direction. Said the same thing the last couple years, this offense needs to be completely blown up. It sucks. I don’t care what players jump ship because x coach might leave, find new ones. We are going nowhere with this O.

Mediocre players in a good offensive scheme is a WAAAAAAY better option than good players in a bad scheme.

DelFrog

After going 51-27 in their first six years in the Big 12, TCU is just 15-17 since that time. Obviously something has gone very wrong over the past three seasons. No matter the reason(s), a coach being paid like a Top 10 guy, can't have his team consistently performing like a below average squad.

CountryFrog

Armageddon may be on the way because I'm now agreeing with so many of your TCU football opinions despite the fact that you'll always and forever be wrong about the 2014 CFP.

Froggy Style

Selfish: We punt the ball away rather than trying to win to keep our defensive stats tight.
Dysfunctional: don't know when to go for two, call time outs, punt, blitz, pass, run, adjust
Trust: Coach blames others when the offense stalls; says he's only responsible for defense. Refuses to make the changes needed for the good of the program...surrounds himself with losers so there are no threats to taking over his cash cow.