• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

YA

I refuse to comment on or to family.
I agree but one time at West Point we were behind to one of the worst teams in all of college football. TCU fans were upset and she took offense. Turns around and tells the fans behind her to shut up along the same lines as her tweet. Collectively as a group everyone told her to pound sand. Only time I ever saw people get upset with her as she was out of line. We came back and won the game.

Moose Stuff

I agree but one time at West Point we were behind to one of the worst teams in all of college football. TCU fans were upset and she took offense. Turns around and tells the fans behind her to shut up along the same lines as her tweet. Collectively as a group everyone told her to pound sand. Only time I ever saw people get upset with her as she was out of line. We came back and won the game.

As soon as you open your mouth on social media you become fair game. I mean I wouldn't do it, but anyone responding to her is very much entitled to do so.

JAB331

I'm not saying that GP will be fired because I certainly don't think he will. But if you think the presence of a contract means anything at all then you don't watch much sports.
I can safely say every contract and situation is unique. Patterson was very sought after before he signed the long term contact (not so much now apparently). Hopefully someone had the wherewithal to put a clause in about the right to cancel with four consecutive losing seasons.

CountryFrog

I don't understand why anyone would criticize Kelsea. She's a huge asset to the program imo. And OF COURSE she's going to take her husband's side on everything as well as all the coaches whose wives are also her friends. Wouldn't we all want the exact same thing from our spouse?

Whether she's right or wrong about anything that she's saying is beside the point imo because we all know where she's coming from.

Now you could make the argument she's better off just completely staying off social media altogether and I'd agree. But I think every person in the world is better off staying away from social media. That's a place where problems are created and magnified about 1000X more often than they're actually solved.

Moose Stuff

I don't understand why anyone would criticize Kelsea. She's a huge asset to the program imo. And OF COURSE she's going to take her husband's side on everything as well as all the coaches whose wives are also her friends. Wouldn't we all want the exact same thing from our spouse?

Whether she's right or wrong about anything that she's saying is beside the point imo because we all know where she's coming from.

Now you could make the argument she's better off just completely staying off social media altogether and I'd agree. But I think every person in the world is better off staying away from social media. That's a place where problems are created and magnified about 1000X more often than they're actually solved.

Nobody would have criticized her if she stayed off social media. Her social media act is begging both for attention (the dig at Trump from the other day comes to mind) and criticism. She should consider bowing out.

CountryFrog

Nobody would have criticized her if she stayed off social media. Her social media act is begging both for attention (the dig at Trump from the other day comes to mind) and criticism. She should consider bowing out.
I don't know what all she tweets out so I'm not defending her social media account overall. I'm just replying to things that she says where she's defending her husband.

I agree that she's better off just completely staying away from it all but I won't criticize someone for having their husband's back.

Moose Stuff

I don't know what all she tweets out so I'm not defending her social media account overall. I'm just replying to things that she says where she's defending her husband.

I agree that she's better off just completely staying away from it all but I won't criticize someone for having their husband's back.

I'm not criticizing her as much as I'm defending the right of others to do so. I will also add that I 100% would have had zero issue with the tweet if she had omitted the coaches from it. The players, trainers, other staff, and families have made sacrifices. The coaches are all making 6 and 7 figure salaries to do their job. Spare me that they're making some great sacrifice. I guess I AM criticizing her.

CountryFrog

I'm not criticizing her as much as I'm defending the right of others to do so. I will also add that I 100% would have had zero issue with the tweet if she had omitted the coaches from it. The players, trainers, other staff, and families have made sacrifices. The coaches are all making 6 and 7 figure salaries to do their job. Spare me that they're making some great sacrifice. I guess I AM criticizing her.
Oh for sure I absolutely would say that people have a right to criticize her. As soon as you make a public statement then you open yourself up to a public backlash. That's part of the deal.

I'm just saying that I completely understand where she's coming from and have no problem with it. And I personally don't understand why anyone would want to criticize her when all she's doing is sticking up for her husband. But me not understanding or agreeing with it doesn't mean that I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What I don't get is the bubble mentality. I mean, gee, it's not like everybody else in the damned Nation has been dealing with this...

Then again, they have pretty much been in a bubble.

Has anyone seen John Travolta recently?

TCUdirtbag

My wife enjoys her golden retriever pics.

I think the mistake was using “sacrifice.” Worked their asses off? Exhausted? I’ll buy all that. It’s been a hard year for everyone.

Guess I missed and she deleted whatever the Trump shade was.

TCU_91

My wife enjoys her golden retriever pics.

I think the mistake was using “sacrifice.” Worked their asses off? Exhausted? I’ll buy all that. It’s been a hard year for everyone.

Guess I missed and she deleted whatever the Trump shade was.

Unfortunate, I'm sure you would have provided a concise, unbiased opinion on Trump.