• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

CountryFrog

Max missed Barber wide open in the end zone. Can't hit the RB on a short swing pass so that he doesn't stumble at the 10 yard line. Evans didn't make a catch on a long pass. Moehrig fumbles the punt. Max throws an interception inside the 10.

None of that is on the coaches.
In a vacuum I'd agree with all of this. But when the same [ Finebaum ] is happening virtually every week for 3 straight years no matter who the players on the field are then who are we supposed to blame? At a certain point what happens on the field becomes a reflection of the coaching staff. Especially in college where they are totally responsible for which players come into the program.

Putt4Purple

4meeyh.jpg
Bad form sir, bad form!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
For context on “the coaches did a food job” comment, he said he felt like the coaches did a good job given the circumstances of the last 36 hours. He mentioned strep throat and flu and whatever else goes around this time of year.

Sounded to me he was referencing injuries and sickness, GP was giving praise to the coaches for whatever they did to manage those things in a short time before kick off.

Not saying I agree or disagree with his comment, just elaborating on what that comment was specific to.

He didn’t just say “yah we got our ass kicked and the coaches did a good job.” For those wondering.
Heh. I'm sure there are people associated with the Program who deal with illness and such. Why the Coaches had to interrupt their busy Game Planning sessions and practice time imparting their ideas and concepts to the players to dispense aspirin and rustle up chicken soup is beyond me...

Pharm Frog

For context on “the coaches did a food job” comment, he said he felt like the coaches did a good job given the circumstances of the last 36 hours. He mentioned strep throat and flu and whatever else goes around this time of year.

Sounded to me he was referencing injuries and sickness, GP was giving praise to the coaches for whatever they did to manage those things in a short time before kick off.

Not saying I agree or disagree with his comment, just elaborating on what that comment was specific to.

He didn’t just say “yah we got our ass kicked and the coaches did a good job.” For those wondering.

It was filled with excuses and pre-excuses and then the obligatory “It’s my job to get them ready” and delivered with less than no conviction

Frog-in-law1995

Can someone articulate a few reasonable steps that each of us could take now that in aggregate could help bring about change in the offensive coaching staff and scheme? Do we all call Donati’s office on Monday morning en masse to respectfully but firmly demand change? Do we call Gary’s office and do the same?

For starters, don’t pay for a product you don’t like. As my parents told me countless times growing up, “your dollar is your vote.”

netty2424

It was filled with excuses and pre-excuses and then the obligatory “It’s my job to get them ready” and delivered with less than no conviction
Agree.

He made a grow em up comment without saying “gotta grow em up!”

Said WVU had some offensive sets that confused the young D-line. Made adjustments at half and was happy with how they came out in the 3rd qtr.

Moose Stuff

Heh. I'm sure there are people associated with the Program who deal with illness and such. Why the Coaches had to interrupt their busy Game Planning sessions and practice time imparting their ideas and concepts to the players to dispense aspirin and rustle up chicken soup is beyond me...

I got sick watching the game and was able to grind it out.

DelFrog

Max missed Barber wide open in the end zone. Can't hit the RB on a short swing pass so that he doesn't stumble at the 10 yard line. Evans didn't make a catch on a long pass. Moehrig fumbles the punt. Max throws an interception inside the 10.

None of that is on the coaches.

Today was just the latest example, the players change, but the under performing of this program has been sadly consistent over the last three years.

BleedNPurple

The offense looked like the offense that lost the 3 games this season - predictable and small playbook. When we open the playbook wide open we win - when we limit the offense we lose. Where did last weeks offense go? #nextmanup