• The KillerFrogs

Time to earn a paycheck Donati

AustinFrog

Hire a real OC and give him authority to assemble his own staff. I would try the UC OC, make him OC and assistant HC(HC in waiting).

Rule 1 in college coaching: a HC will do anything staffwise that helps him win more and secure greater job security. They scan the country looking for assistants that will help them win. Nobody wants our assistants. That should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Gary needs to go. There is something wrong with the program and it starts at top. He has grown very stale and his methods no longer work. The definition of insanity is doing same thing over and over expecting a different result. Sadly Gary has tenure for lack of better description and will not be let go. Instead he seems perfectly comfortable running this program into the ground by not adjusting his methods. Get ready to usher in a new era of bad to mediocrity TCU football. TCU doesn’t get good again until Gary is gone. Between coaches, injuries, transfers, recruiting bust TCU is a dumpster fire right now. Think about this, SMU has much more competent program than TCU and forecast to widen that lead next few years.

Frogs1983

If Donati, big Donors are content with mediocrity( see past 2 seasons plus this season) than Patterson will stay and no real changes will be demanded of Patterson.

If mediocrity is no acceptable to them, the changes should be demanded, not requested!

YA

Patterson isn’t going anywhere this year guys for what it is worth. Too many built in excuses. I just hope we don’t lose a ton of talent that is being underutilized with the free transfer. If that happens next year will be worse.

If next year we see the same team effort from the coaches TCU will move to remove coach P.

JAB331

I think he gets another season, and I'm in support of that given everything. But if he can't post .500 or better next year, then he retires. We can likely buy him out of his contract at a discount and use the savings to get a good up-and-coming coack like Kansas ST and WVU did.

I don't think you can have him overhaul the OC staff, you need to give him two seasons to let this current staff play out. I personally think he'll fail, but hey, having people doubt him is where he performs best, so maybe I'm just doing my part.

If we do get a new coach, I don't think it should be someone who yells at their players and staff, but is loyal long term - instead it should be someone who respects everyone on the field but holds them accountable to performance standards regardless of their personal situation.

MinFrog

I don’t expect GP to be gone (Donati doesn’t have that big of a set). But Cumbie and Meach both need to be gone and a new OC with a modern offense needs to come in.

if he doesn’t make significant changes, then folks will transfer, not because he did.

Pharm Frog

Some of you were saying in 2018....”Well let’s give him a chance to turn this around because he’s earned that.” Some said in 2019...”Let’s give him a chance to turn things around in 2020.” Now some are saying in 2020.....

This is it in a nutshell...horrid mistake to give the 2024 extension or whatever it is. That was the crossroads and we took the path we wanted to at that time.

JAB331

Some of you were saying in 2018....”Well let’s give him a chance to turn this around because he’s earned that.” Some said in 2019...”Let’s give him a chance to turn things around in 2020.” Now some are saying in 2020.....

This is it in a nutshell...horrid mistake to give the 2024 extension or whatever it is. That was the crossroads and we took the path we wanted to at that time.
I don't disagree, but I don't think you can "retire" him during COVID - it's bad PR and could adversely affect our coaching search. I don't think anything will change with a new OC, better to just give him one full regular year with his last staff experiment and cut our losses if it doesn't work out.

PO Frog

I don't disagree, but I don't think you can "retire" him during COVID - it's bad PR and could adversely affect our coaching search. I don't think anything will change with a new OC, better to just give him one full regular year with his last staff experiment and cut our losses if it doesn't work out.
Oh please bad PR? First, no one cares. Second, he’s had one of the longest ropes in all of college football and is top ten paid to field a top 50 program, barely. Should have made a move last year so the new coach could have worked out the kinks in this waste of a year. Should have made the move the year before too. Hope we aren’t still playing this game 3 years from now.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We have two games remaining: A road game at Kansas (Considering what we saw today, that's an iffy one), and at home against Ok. State. Ok. State will annihilate us. If we do indeed play the SMU match, we lose.

So, what we got left is 1-1, or 0-2, and then with the potential SMU match, 1-2, or 0-3. That isn't a very good outcome from a team we expected to at least not step on their pecker.

PO Frog

Why would anyone want to play SMU? The fewer games the better imo. Let’s can the staff and move on as soon as possible. Those coastal Carolina guys aren’t going to be around forever.