• The KillerFrogs

Man UP!!! Run the ball with power!!!!

TRF51

Think we ran it 40 times last week so maybe he is hearing ya. Not sure running that much against WVU stout defense is the way we will win but it will be a big part of what we do.

To succeed against a defense as stout as West Virginia will likely require considerably

more offensive balance than we displayed last week against Tech.

Limp Lizard

We run the ball plenty, just not very well at times. We so far have run the ball 57 percent of the time, which is amazing because we were struggling from behind in the games we lost. Only three of the top ten teams (this week) run the ball a higher percent: Notre Dame (62%), tOSU (61%) and Cincinnati (59%), And lots of the time the top ten teams were ahead and running out the clock. Just running the ball nearly killed us the second half against Tech.
We need to run or pass really well so that the defense must make adjustments. We also need to make them pay if they load up to stop one or the other. Hopefully Duggan throws the ball better than last week.

Pharm Frog

I also hope Duggan isn't the leading rusher in a game again after last week.

I hope he is because that’s given us our best chance to win. If we can figure out another way I’d be good with that but haven’t seen it yet. If he had run more against WVU last year we would have won and Blacklock’s selfish stupidity wouldn’t have mattered. But it was like he was leashed in that game and it wasn’t like he was being spied any more than usual.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I also hope Duggan isn't the leading rusher in a game again after last week.
Well, him zipping 81 yards for a TD (and outrunning their entire secondary!) does tend to pad the stats a bit. I don't mind a bit if he sees an opportunity when the defense sells out to stop the pass and leaves the middle wide open, and takes it for a nice scamper. 1.) It keeps them honest. 2.) It gives us more opportunities with a base defense, and 3.) Even the Derp Brothers could take advantage.