• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Games?

YA

In my current position I’m more like a drug lord than a pill pusher. Not a kingpin yet and don’t think I want that much responsibility. But if you really believe what you posted, you are a very sad little Ya.
I'm not sad, just telling the truth. Pharmaceutical companies, which you are a part of, routinely adjust drug prices based on patient needs and desires of the drug companies to maximize profits.

You can scream and stomp your feet otherwise, but there are no sane people on this board or in this country that don't know from personal experience that pharmaceutical companies manipulate drug prices for profit over people--none!!

Pharm Frog

I'm not sad, just telling the truth. Pharmaceutical companies, which you are a part of, routinely adjust drug prices based on patient needs and desires of the drug companies to maximize profits.

You can scream and stomp your feet otherwise, but there are no sane people on this board or in this country that don't know from personal experience that pharmaceutical companies manipulate drug prices for profit over people--none!!

If I took a 12% price increase on one of my medications this afternoon, how much would the out-of-pocket price rise for the patient tomorrow? If you can't answer this question, you know less than nothing about pharmaceutical pricing contract or the value chain.

SuperTFrog

Interesting...I had my hospital team report back with current stats from Tarrant and Denton counties. None could find a major hospital with these circumstances. We're seeing ICU census between 50% and 72% and overall bed occupancy with COVID at around 14-16%. UTSW is doing a very solid modeling job and while they predict that both Tarrant and Dallas Counties will see hospitalizations rise (with a small possibility of staying flat), they make no mention of ICU's being overrun. From their latest update:

§ New cases remain elevated in the 70+ age groups. Case rates are flat among other age groups. § These trends also hold true for Tarrant County (not shown).

Maybe we should be thinking about discussing the risk/benefit of these 70+ folks attending youth sporting events if it can even be shown that these events are the culprit.
Completely agree on keeping the 70+ crowd away until the vaccine gets here. Not sure what to say about the hospital stats. She was there yesterday and saw/heard it herself so this isn’t second hand info. I assume the Russians must be covering up the data...

Wexahu

Look...some of these local officials just feel like they should do SOMETHING. These folks generally have no relationship with the concept of first, do no harm.

Yep. That's why masks are so popular. They are perfect for public officials.....Hey, don't blame me, I told you to wear a mask. Then, if things go south, then it's obviously because people aren't listening.

Makes little difference whether they actually do much good or not.

YA

If I took a 12% price increase on one of my medications this afternoon, how much would the out-of-pocket price rise for the patient tomorrow? If you can't answer this question, you know less than nothing about pharmaceutical pricing contract or the value chain.
Stomp your feet and scream at the mountain tops how pure and innocent pharmaceutical companies are today. You and your ilk manipulate drug prices every day to maximize profit which in turn hurts people to pay for their necessary medicine. I understand and appreciate the logistics chain and it isn't an overnight markup, but if you actually are suggesting those costs are not passed along, then I got oceanfront property in Arizona to sale you.

One other thing, why does every single drug commercial suggest if you are having problems paying for your RX contact us, etc.? The world knows why, you guys routinely change prices to put profit over people.

tcudoc

Stomp your feet and scream at the mountain tops how pure and innocent pharmaceutical companies are today. You and your ilk manipulate drug prices every day to maximize profit which in turn hurts people to pay for their necessary medicine. I understand and appreciate the logistics chain and it isn't an overnight markup, but if you actually are suggesting those costs are not passed along, then I got oceanfront property in Arizona to sale you.

One other thing, why does every single drug commercial suggest if you are having problems paying for your RX contact us, etc.? The world knows why, you guys routinely change prices to put profit over people.
Can you explain to me how class action lawsuits work?

**Every industry, including my own, has issues that most do not agree with or understand. No need to attack.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

So you don’t understand pricing contracts. But I’m the last person on this planet that will defend the liberal leadership of “Big Pharma”. In fact they largely disgust me with their appetite for government program protected markets and global price shifting to the US.

YA

So you don’t understand pricing contracts. But I’m the last person on this planet that will defend the liberal leadership of “Big Pharma”. In fact they largely disgust me with their appetite for government program protected markets and global price shifting to the US.
I understand it plenty. I do agree with you on your industry sticking it unfairly to the American people.

Pharm Frog

Kind of a dick comment IMO. As if the legal industry doesn't stick it to the American people.

He’s not wrong. The American economy has been subsidizing the world’s pharmaceutical pricing models for decades. In a very real sense, we’ve been underwriting single-payer socialized medicine for quite some time. That was part of the Favored Nations order that hasn’t been talked about enough. When it goes into effect pharmaceutical prices here might go down a bit more but other countries will start having to pay closer to full freight put huge strain on their socialized systems.

I do think we need a Drug Bowl though.

Wexahu

He’s not wrong. The American economy has been subsidizing the world’s pharmaceutical pricing models for decades. In a very real sense, we’ve been underwriting single-payer socialized medicine for quite some time. That was part of the Favored Nations order that hasn’t been talked about enough. When it goes into effect pharmaceutical prices here might go down a bit more but other countries will start having to pay closer to full freight put huge strain on their socialized systems.

I do think we need a Drug Bowl though.

Comment was more directed at the legal industry. I wanna barf every time I see a medical bill. Same thing whenever I see a legal bill.

Pharm Frog

Comment was more directed at the legal industry. I wanna barf every time I see a medical bill. Same thing whenever I see a legal bill.

Well I lost the battle for pricing/cost transparency back in about 2004 or 2005. If you look at the so-called value chain in medicine you’d be sick when you see how many people have to get “paid” for little to no value.

tcudoc

Well I lost the battle for pricing/cost transparency back in about 2004 or 2005. If you look at the so-called value chain in medicine you’d be sick when you see how many people have to get “paid” for little to no value.
I agree. The bureaucracy and the top heavy administrative structure is crazy. We may just be better off going back to bartering for services and cut out the thousands of middle men.

stbrab

I apparently had it. Tested positive for antibodies. Never went to MD. My Symptoms included extreme fatigue, upset stomach, minor respiratory congestion. scheiss Fauci. PS: age=66 I think I’m supposed to be dead.
I've had it. I found out on the Sunday after the OU game, about the time we got home, that I had been exposed the previous Wednesday. I had minor symptoms driving home...a light cough and some sinus congestion, that I attributed to allergies. I was tested on Monday the 26th and tested positive. On Tuesday I contacted a teledoc that prescribes the Bartlett protocol...twice daily breathing treatment (steroid), antibiotic, Zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D. I took the treatment through last Thursday, and completed my isolation on Sunday. I'm 62.

Spike

so only people who break the law get sued or need legal representation?

Actually many of them get their lawyers appointed. While my business model and practice areas are somewhat unique I am amazed at how many people don't want to pay my fees. Always amazed at what people will and won't spend money on.

Horny4TCU

Pharmaceutical companies raising prices is simple economics. Supply and Demand. Where the problem comes is ethics, insurance, and a free market to decide that price. Fix the last two issues and you'd get a much better pharmaceutical company with ethics and motives driven by the invisible hand lowering prices.

LisaLT

The Cheez-it bowl is in Orlando now. Projected teams include OU and Okie State. How did the Cheez-it bowl get elevated over the Alamo bowl?

We may get our shot at SMU after all. LOLOLOL.