• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Games?

SuperTFrog

Not making a political statement. My wife works at a major hospital in FW. They don’t have rooms for all the patients. They are sending patients away that they would normally keep. ICU is full. More than a few people died at the hospital today from COVID. She says it is going to get a lot worse on the hospitalization/death front. Not as bad as it was in the worst of it, but looks like we may be headed that direction. I just don’t want our damn economy to shut down again because it almost bankrupted my business of 15 years when we shut down earlier.

I have kids that play sports. I love sports. I love sports tournaments. If canceling that is a step closer to ensuring my business doesn’t go under, I can wait until 2021 for sports.

I voted straight ticket Republican...well almost...so don’t accuse me of being some Left Wing radical.

CountryFrog

Not making a political statement. My wife works at a major hospital in FW. They don’t have rooms for all the patients. They are sending patients away that they would normally keep. ICU is full. More than a few people died at the hospital today from COVID. She says it is going to get a lot worse on the hospitalization/death front. Not as bad as it was in the worst of it, but looks like we may be headed that direction. I just don’t want our damn economy to shut down again because it almost bankrupted my business of 15 years when we shut down earlier.

I have kids that play sports. I love sports. I love sports tournaments. If canceling that is a step closer to ensuring my business doesn’t go under, I can wait until 2021 for sports.

I voted straight ticket Republican...well almost...so don’t accuse me of being some Left Wing radical.
Clearly a left wing radical here

asleep003

I don't give even one tiny scheiss about cases.

After almost 8 months, you still have not figured out that an increase in cases, will increase the hospitalizations... which in turn increases number of deaths ?#&?%/?.

I apparently had it. Tested positive for antibodies. Never went to MD. My Symptoms included extreme fatigue, upset stomach, minor respiratory congestion. scheiss Fauci. PS: age=66 I think I’m supposed to be dead.

So was Trump, then at 74 ... lot of silly things being said on here ... move this pile of crap to The Pit ... Please !

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

After almost 8 months, you still have not figured out that an increase in cases, will increase the hospitalizations... which in turn increases number of deaths ?#&?%/?. !
number of cars on the highways increase accidents, more accidents in turn increases number of deaths...which in turn emboldens governments to require forever the wearing of seatbelts for the good of society. Life is so hard.

Eight

two questions, is the hospital part of the public system or the private system?

second, did the hospital have the ability to increase the icu capacity?

Pharm Frog

Interesting...I had my hospital team report back with current stats from Tarrant and Denton counties. None could find a major hospital with these circumstances. We're seeing ICU census between 50% and 72% and overall bed occupancy with COVID at around 14-16%. UTSW is doing a very solid modeling job and while they predict that both Tarrant and Dallas Counties will see hospitalizations rise (with a small possibility of staying flat), they make no mention of ICU's being overrun. From their latest update:

§ New cases remain elevated in the 70+ age groups. Case rates are flat among other age groups. § These trends also hold true for Tarrant County (not shown).

Maybe we should be thinking about discussing the risk/benefit of these 70+ folks attending youth sporting events if it can even be shown that these events are the culprit.

YA

Interesting...I had my hospital team report back with current stats from Tarrant and Denton counties. None could find a major hospital with these circumstances. We're seeing ICU census between 50% and 72% and overall bed occupancy with COVID at around 14-16%. UTSW is doing a very solid modeling job and while they predict that both Tarrant and Dallas Counties will see hospitalizations rise (with a small possibility of staying flat), they make no mention of ICU's being overrun. From their latest update:

§ New cases remain elevated in the 70+ age groups. Case rates are flat among other age groups. § These trends also hold true for Tarrant County (not shown).

Maybe we should be thinking about discussing the risk/benefit of these 70+ folks attending youth sporting events if it can even be shown that these events are the culprit.
Why would a pill pusher & company have this info at their fingertips? To jack up prices when the [ Finebaum ] hits the fan to maximize profits off the sick!!

TemCatFrog71

At this point we may be lucky if football finishes the season. Tarrant County judge today advised that all sports should be suspended. No order yet, however. Locations of the bowl games may determine whether they happen.
The "County Judge you refer to here is Glen Whitley. He is not a judge in the sense that issues "court orders". He is the chief administrator of the Tarrant County Commissioners Court. That is sorta like the "mayor" of the county. He doesn't have the authority to issue that kind of order. His desire to stop high school sports is just his wish or opinion.

frogs9497

The "County Judge you refer to here is Glen Whitley. He is not a judge in the sense that issues "court orders". He is the chief administrator of the Tarrant County Commissioners Court. That is sorta like the "mayor" of the county. He doesn't have the authority to issue that kind of order. His desire to stop high school sports is just his wish or opinion.

It seems ambiguous. From the article:

For the last couple of months, Whitley has received backlash from some residents for enacting the mask mandate. The judge has said wearing masks allows him to keep businesses open while also combating the spread of the virus. But, on Tuesday, Whitley acknowledged there is very little he could do regarding a new order.

Whitley said he could close the bars, but he doesn’t believe they are causing problems. And if Whitley were to close businesses, he said he’d probably get sued just as the El Paso County judge did when he tried to shut down businesses because of a COVID-19 spike. In that lawsuit, Attorney General Ken Paxton was involved, claiming a shutdown in El Paso County was unconstitutional and went against Abbott’s order.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article247098902.html#storylink=cpy

Mean Purple

After almost 8 months, you still have not figured out that an increase in cases, will increase the hospitalizations... which in turn increases number of deaths ?#&?%/?.

So was Trump, then at 74 ... lot of silly things being said on here ... move this pile of crap to The Pit ... Please !
Word is it is not close to what it was during the worst of it. At the worst of it, we did not come close to hitting the prescribed limit on hospitalizations.

Pharm Frog

Why would a pill pusher & company have this info at their fingertips? To jack up prices when the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] hits the fan to maximize profits off the sick!!

In my current position I’m more like a drug lord than a pill pusher. Not a kingpin yet and don’t think I want that much responsibility. But if you really believe what you posted, you are a very sad little Ya.

Mean Purple

Maybe the county judge has noticed that for three days in a row Tarrant County new cases of Covid-19 have topped 1,000+. You suppose?
And they have trippled the testing. So that has a big impact on numbers.

Told y'all folks allergy season was gonna be like the Salem witch trials.

Looks like Glen is the lead thumper. Everyone gets a scarlet letter C and must bow down to rolly polly.

NOPE!