• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football sees two more players depart the program

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football sees two more players depart the program

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football has seen two more players leave the program.

Wide receiver John Stephens Jr. is expected to enter the NCAA transfer portal on Monday, according to sources. Those same sources told the Star-Telegram that senior defensive tackle Brandon Bowen is also no longer with the team, opting out for the rest of the season.

Stephens is the fourth wide receiver to enter the transfer portal this season from TCU, joining Al’Dontre Davis, Dylan Thomas and Te’Vailance Hunt.

Read moe at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article247025917.html

denverfrog

This is just where college football is these days. We tend to get overly excited when they leave and when we get some highly regarded transfer. There is a reason these guys move around. For every player that just didn’t get a good chance where they were, there are 10 that are just not good enough.

Stephens couldn’t get on the field.. I don’t blame him..hope we can keep the all the WR’s we have now...this is a good bunch of players

Did anyone else notice we were not rotating as much at WR last night?

Pharm Frog

Stephens couldn’t get on the field.. I don’t blame him..hope we can keep the all the WR’s we have now...this is a good bunch of players

In all honesty with our passing attack yesterday I don’t think it mattered. But no, I didn’t notice.

TemCatFrog71

Transfers to play somewhere else have gone on forever. Back in the days of unlimited scholarships, teams could be 4 and 5 deep at every position. Lots of players moved on when they realized, or believed, their playing time was going to be little if not zero.
Drop down a division and you could play the next season. Transfer to another NCAA D 1 and you would sit out a year and be eligible. Most of these old time transfers were never noticed or mentioned in the media. The only thing that has changed is that transfers are now public because of "the portal" and social media. Frog law had it right ... Bah Bye!!!

Moose Stuff

Well I mean who would we rotate? Barber, Johnston, Conwright, Davis.... that's more or less it at this point. Pretty much all the rest are true frosh who have never played. Hunt, A Davis, Thomas, and Stephens are gone and Speilman is hurt.

Eight

wouldn't it stand to reason that if you no longer have 4 receivers on your roster and another in jd is out that you don't rotate as often because you don't have as many to rotate.

still found a way not to feed the backs who were running effectively and it still took 50 minutes to target pro

Punter1

wouldn't it stand to reason that if you no longer have 4 receivers on your roster and another in jd is out that you don't rotate as often because you don't have as many to rotate.

still found a way not to feed the backs who were running effectively and it still took 50 minutes to target pro

Its criminal how seldom we use Pro Wells...I have no idea why we can't steal some simple OU TE plays.

He is a weapon and a mismatch for just about every defense. He basically bailed us out on 2 third downs and a 4th down...its like we only went his way when we were desperate. He needs 7 targets a game minimum.

Eight

I am more worried about depth at cornerback!

roster shows 5 corners and one is down for the year in noah daniels, stewart and hodges -tomlinson went out, leaving ceaser and freshman keontae jenkins who i don't think has played yet this year

collins flipped over from safety during the game and i guess they could do that with another safety or two if they can't get stewart and h-t back before this weekend