• The KillerFrogs

Several Tech Decisions

Spike

Going for it in 4th n 2 from the 7. I thought that was a desperation move so early in the game. Frankly our O wasn't doing much.

Going for 2 down 17, granted they got it but just didn't make sense mathematically to me.

Kicking the FG on 2nd and 4? That was a head scratcher to me. game was over when they missed it.

Punter1

Going for it in 4th n 2 from the 7. I thought that was a desperation move so early in the game. Frankly our O wasn't doing much.

Going for 2 down 17, granted they got it but just didn't make sense mathematically to me.

Kicking the FG on 2nd and 4? That was a head scratcher to me. game was over when they missed it.

Totally agree...usually I'm more than fine giving up 3 pts early in the game inside the 10....but I was so glad they went for it there..

I guess what Wells was thinking is his Off looked like dog crap and might not be down there close very much so he had to maximize the opportunity. Thought it was odd also tho...

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Totally agree...usually I'm more than fine giving up 3 pts early in the game inside the 10....but I was so glad they went for it there..

I guess what Wells was thinking is his Off looked like dog crap and might not be down there close very much so he had to maximize the opportunity. Thought it was odd also tho...

Thats the same thing the tech terds that were sitting by me said.

Moose Stuff

They went for 2 down 11, not 17. And I kinda liked it.

Spike

They went for 2 down 11, not 17. And I kinda liked it.

Semantics, Moose! Being down 9 still requires 2 possessions. What's the NCAA average for 2 point conversions? Last I checked it was in the 30s, maybe higher. I'm old enough to remember the 81 Tech game. Really jaded me towards going for 2.

berryfrog95

The FG try on second down was one of the weirdest coaching decisions I've seen in football in a long time.

not sure why they didn’t run the 2nd down play and try to get a few more yards and kick on 3rd down. Could’ve been a bit closer than 35-yards and still would have 4th down if the snap was botched, etc.

PO Frog

Semantics, Moose! Being down 9 still requires 2 possessions. What's the NCAA average for 2 point conversions? Last I checked it was in the 30s, maybe higher. I'm old enough to remember the 81 Tech game. Really jaded me towards going for 2.
It’s actually slightly higher than 50% conversion. The math says do it there for the same reason it says go for 2 when you’re down 14 and score a td in the fourth quarter. You are not likely to win in overtime so playing to tie it is not optimal. Also, if you don’t get the two point conversion, you still have a chance to go for two on the next td and play for the tie. It was a great move and worked as intended I thought. The fact that their kicker sucks hurts the plan but it was a good move.