• The KillerFrogs

Stephens and Bowen

Moose Stuff

Both done. Stephens to the transfer portal, Bowen “opting out”.

Bowen has been opting out for years. Again I don't get why kids would enter the portal DURING a season that doesn't cost them any eligibility but whatever, kid wasn't a factor for us. Best of luck to him.

Pharm Frog

Bowen has been opting out for years. Again I don't get why kids would enter the portal DURING a season that doesn't cost them any eligibility but whatever, kid wasn't a factor for us. Best of luck to him.

Agree with all but the last sentence. I wish him neither good nor bad luck. Complete ambivalence. Moose much nicer than Pharm.

Pharm Frog

If I'm a coach at a school that might have interest in Stephens the first question I ask him is "why did you quit on TCU mid season and why should I believe you won't do the same thing here?

If I’m the coach at a school that might have interest in Stephens, the first question I’d ask would be of myself. “Why am I interested in a mid-season quitter?” Then there’d be no reason to ask anyone any additional questions.

In a previous post on this subject I told all of you MAROONS that STEPHENS and BOWEN would be gone. You gotta pay attention ladies !!

Stephens "opted out" as a slap at the Coaches who wouldn't play him and bumped him down to 3rd string. I won't go into why he was demoted. Not important.

Some of you clueless NANCYs are bewildered as to why a kid would opt out in a season that doesn't count. GET A CLUE !! Its a slap at the coaches !!

And if you think some other Coach at a down and out P5 program won't want a 6'5" WR you are nuts. Somebody will take him in a heartbeat and think they can "change him". Kind of like all newlywed wives who think they can "change" their new husbands (not gonna happen they will discover later).

And.......BOWEN.......never ever was a football player even in HS. His HS Coach ran him out there on the field because he was such a great athlete but he had no clue how to play in HS either.

Should have stayed with track. State Champion High Jumper in HS. I don't think he ever understood football.

Casey T

Bowen was originally committed to baylor. That’s all that needs to be said. Always held out hope but you know the saying