• The KillerFrogs

Please Gary ... Never Again

asleep003

Run on a 4th and 2 ... while in easy field goal range, forcing TT to have to go for 2 TDs to win ... instead of needing only a FG/TD to beat us with 4:30 left. What a crappy decision Coach !!! Never ever thought I would ever scold you... ever. Be glad the missed FG late and a couple of plays late, saved your ass on that lousy decision.

Last edited:
Run on a 4th and 2 ... in easy field goal range, for TT to have to go for 2 TDs to win ... instead of needing only a FG/TD to beat us with 4:30 left. What a crappy decision Coach !!! Never ever thought I would ever scold you... ever. Be glad the missed FG late and a couple of good plays late saved your ass on that call.
A first down knocks two more minutes off the clock.

That would be true ... but 2 yards in that situation is much more difficult than a chip shot. The way Tech was rolling... and they proved it, with the stop and their field goal(missed) was giving Tech the opportunity they needed/were looking for... with 4 1/2 minutes left.
Tech needed time. A FD takes that away from them. I agree with the call. Didn’t like the execution

Wexahu

Run on a 4th and 2 ... while in easy field goal range, forcing TT to have to go for 2 TDs to win ... instead of needing only a FG/TD to beat us with 4:30 left. What a crappy decision Coach !!! Never ever thought I would ever scold you... ever. Be glad the missed FG late and a couple of plays late, saved your ass on that lousy decision.

Not saying you are wrong but I didn’t have a problem with it. 2 yards seals the game, no guarantee he makes the kick and even if he does you could still lose. It makes the other team go another 30 yards to score, that’s it. That could literally be one play. Go ahead and try to put the game away by getting 2+ yards. That’s probably the percentage play.

Not saying you are wrong but I didn’t have a problem with it. 2 yards seals the game, no guarantee he makes the kick and even if he does you could still lose. It makes the other team go another 30 yards to score, that’s it. That could literally be one play. Go ahead and try to put the game away by getting 2+ yards. That’s probably the percentage play.
Nice to see intelligent posts on the board for a change

Moose Stuff

Totally agreed with the call.

Spike

I would have preferred to kick it but the kick before should have virtually sealed it. A first down does pretty much kill it, even if you just burn 2 more and kick. That said, could someone explain to our OC that running the ball in bounds burns clock, whereas throwing incomplete passes does not.

asleep003

Now Tech makes that field goal and then gets the on sides kick, They were very productive in the 2nd half with big pass plays(234 yds) today. If it had happened... we're very well screwed, but if we kick the chip shot... we're not, that was the potential issue.They had the momentum... especially if made that FG.

Last edited:
Now Tech makes that field goal and then gets the on sides kick, They were very productive in the 2nd half with big pass plays(234 yds) today. If it had happened... we're very well screwed, but if we kick the chip shot... we're not, that was the potential issue.They had the momentum... especially if made that FG.
onsides kicks are about a 10% chance of working. 2 yard gains are probably about 65% of working. You're wrong.

LSU Game Attendee

Just be happy we didn’t punt. I see that as significant progress.