• The KillerFrogs

Forbes: TCU’s Desmond Bane Has Been One Of The 2020 NBA Draft’s Biggest Risers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Desmond Bane Has Been One Of The 2020 NBA Draft’s Biggest Risers

Zachary Cohen Contributor
SportsMoney

In 2019, Desmond Bane tested the NBA draft waters and decided that it was best for him to go back for his senior year at TCU. The result was a final season in which Bane averaged 16.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game, while shooting 45.2 percent from the floor and 44.2 percent from the outside.

Unfortunately, the 22-year-old didn’t have one last opportunity to lead the Horned Frogs on a postseason run — and at 16-16, it was going to take a miracle for TCU to make the NCAA tournament — but one of the reasons he went back was to give himself a chance to show NBA teams that he can listen to feedback and improve his game, and Bane did exactly that.

Read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/zachar...20-nba-drafts-biggest-risers/?sh=52b88c9e4d47

Skip Jansen

Good story about a great kid who deserves all the accolades he's currently receiving.

He wasn't highly sought after coming out of HS. Ryan Miller had to convince the other staff members that he saw something in Des that very few others did.

Glad to see a player make it to be a 1st Round pick solely on hard work.

Horned Toad

Weren’t there a few posters telling everyone he wasn’t NBA material last year? I’m so happy for Desmond and wish him the very best.
We don’t always have the sharpest tools in the tool shed on this board. ;)
I love Bane and can’t wait to watch him at the next level. Would love for him to land with the Mavericks.

Skip Jansen

Weren’t there a few posters telling everyone he wasn’t NBA material last year? I’m so happy for Desmond and wish him the very best.

Rosie-

Not sure when the posters stated that. But to be fair, going into last season, Des was probably a mid to late 2nd Round type prospect.

Last season, he answered every question the scouts had though. The core of his issues was ball handling. That's why I mentioned hard work. He was, quite frankly, a poor ball handler ((especially for a SG).

He worked very hard to become better with the ball in his hands. Once he was confident putting the ball on the floor, the other stuff fell in place. He became efficient in ball screen action (as the article states) and more importantly, he started attacking close-outs (something I can only remember him doing a hand full of times in his first 3 years).

Skip Jansen

We don’t always have the sharpest tools in the tool shed on this board. ;)
I love Bane and can’t wait to watch him at the next level. Would love for him to land with the Mavericks.

HT-

That would be great if he ended up with the Mavs. Not only from the local angle, but also because IMO Des would benefit greatly from a dynamic PG (who wouldn't?).

Rose Bowl

Des could always do what is important in today’s NBA and that is shoot. He worked extremely hard to improve his weaknesses and that is going to pay off big for him. Give him all the credit for working hard and also being very coach able.