• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Baylor; Halloween Edition

CountryFrog

I think you might be selling Kendre Miller a little short. He looks really good to me. But I agree, Evans needs to be getting the ball a lot more. What we don’t need is a 5-man rotation. Two guys should be getting 90% of the carries.
This is the key thing to me. I like Miller and Foster quite a bit but at some point you just need to pick a couple RB's and ride them. Evans pretty clearly should be one of those two and while I'd lean toward Barlow as the other I do like Miller since he brings a little more size.

Moose Stuff

This is the key thing to me. I like Miller and Foster quite a bit but at some point you just need to pick a couple RB's and ride them. Evans pretty clearly should be one of those two and while I'd lean toward Barlow as the other I do like Miller since he brings a little more size.

Yep

CountryFrog

Also on that great run by Barlow - and it was a great run by him - was anyone else thinking that would've been 6 if Evans was in there? No knock on Barlow at all because I think he's terrific but Evans just has another gear that I haven't seen from a Frog RB since Aaron Brown or maybe even you know who.

jake102

Also on that great run by Barlow - and it was a great run by him - was anyone else thinking that would've been 6 if Evans was in there? No knock on Barlow at all because I think he's terrific but Evans just has another gear that I haven't seen from a Frog RB since Aaron Brown or maybe even you know who.

There were two runs by Barlow that I'm pretty sure Evans would have taken the distance. Not really knocking Barlow, but what we've seen of Evans is all-world type talent. Also - Evans is pretty damn good in the pass game (he did drop that awkward screen pass) and seems to be a pretty solid blocker as well.

I think the staff needs to really think hard about who they want to be here for the next 2-3 years. From what we've seen so far - we trust Foster with the entire playbook. There was a point early in the game where it was Barlow's series but we got into 3rd and long and swapped Foster in. It reminded me of Anderson/Sewo. That being said, I think Barlow is probably the better runner. Miller has looked great, but he has made some big mistakes in pass protection and we clearly don't trust his hands.

It's a tricky situation. All I know is that Evans and QJohnston need to be what we build our offense around starting today.

Wexahu

There were two runs by Barlow that I'm pretty sure Evans would have taken the distance. Not really knocking Barlow, but what we've seen of Evans is all-world type talent. Also - Evans is pretty damn good in the pass game (he did drop that awkward screen pass) and seems to be a pretty solid blocker as well.

I think the staff needs to really think hard about who they want to be here for the next 2-3 years. From what we've seen so far - we trust Foster with the entire playbook. There was a point early in the game where it was Barlow's series but we got into 3rd and long and swapped Foster in. It reminded me of Anderson/Sewo. That being said, I think Barlow is probably the better runner. Miller has looked great, but he has made some big mistakes in pass protection and we clearly don't trust his hands.

It's a tricky situation. All I know is that Evans and QJohnston need to be what we build our offense around starting today.

Throw Barber in there too. And I’d maybe add Conwright as well.