• The KillerFrogs

Big 10 Corona Virus Protocol

Big Frog II

If you test positive like the Wisconsin QB has done. He is now out of football for three weeks regardless. In a Big 10 season that is only 8 weeks long with no off dates, if you get a positive test you are in going to miss nearly half your season. Stiff penalty especially if you test negative in a short period of time.

Pharm Frog

If you test positive like the Wisconsin QB has done. He is now out of football for three weeks regardless. In a Big 10 season that is only 8 weeks long with no off dates, if you get a positive test you are in going to miss nearly half your season. Stiff penalty especially if you test negative in a short period of time.

I hope they are testing with the sensitivity to detect dead RNA.

Travis Trucks

They came up with this coronavirus protocol by design to make it where team's seasons would be ruined by positive tests, forcing a ton of cancellations so then the Big 10 can say "See? We told you so!"

Big 10 never wanted to play, but the PR was terrible for them not playing while the SEC is. This is their way of being able to have their cake and eat it too - draconian COVID testing rules and protocols, which can then be weaponized in the PR sphere down the line

It was by design

One Frog Nation

Wisconsin's first string qb was already out for the year with foot surgery, the 2nd string qb (now the starter) tested positive, as did the 3rd string QB. They will be playing the guy that was 4th string when practice started. Good luck.

HG73

They came up with this coronavirus protocol by design to make it where team's seasons would be ruined by positive tests, forcing a ton of cancellations so then the Big 10 can say "See? We told you so!"

Big 10 never wanted to play, but the PR was terrible for them not playing while the SEC is. This is their way of being able to have their cake and eat it too - draconian COVID testing rules and protocols, which can then be weaponized in the PR sphere down the line

It was by design
Exactly right. How are all the high schools still playing? They're only testing the kids with symptoms. Way more logical.

ftwfrog

It was by design
I honestly don’t think the Big10 wants to cancel a seasons and say “I told you so”. Their moneymaker is right in line to make the CFP, and nobody in the media will bat an eye when they put Ohio State in, over 1 loss OK State.

froginmn

UW (and other B1G schools, from reports of parents with kids there) has been a bit over the top on testing and quarantine.

Kids living on campus were tested every other week for the first couple weeks, then every week. In the Spring they're going to twice a week.

Covid-positive kids are quarantined, but so are kids they've come in contact with. If you are determined to have been a close contact you are sent to a hotel for two weeks. Meals are brought to your door, and you are not allowed to step outside the room for any reason.

The justification for this is that they don't want spread, and despite very limited negative consequences for kids, they don't want spread into the larger community.

Ironic because the campus' positivity is far lower than that in the community. Virus gonna virus.

Purp

It was by design
I think this is half right. I do think they deliberately went over the top on protocols to make it seem like they cared more than every other league, but now that they're playing I think they also want one of their top end teams in the playoff. It would not shock me at all if a couple schools are skirting some rules with plausible deniability protections in place so that the conference can look the other way. For example, I highly doubt you'll see Justin Fields missing 3 weeks because of positive tests or contact tracing.

I think they're betting on an undefeated Michigan or Ohio State getting in even if they can only play a 6-7 game schedule. You won't see many obstacles from corona for these teams or their upcoming opponents, IMO. I know it's tin foil hat stuff, but that conference is as corrupt as the NCAA itself which makes FIFA look like the Girl Scouts. Anything is believable with them.

Last edited:

Purp

I honestly don’t think the Big10 wants to cancel a seasons and say “I told you so”. Their moneymaker is right in line to make the CFP, and nobody in the media will bat an eye when they put Ohio State in, over 1 loss OK State.
They were willing to forego the entire season before the PR from players got so bad they had to reconsider or risk losing their best talent. It didn't matter to them that they might shut down a large percentage of non-revenue sports at member schools; they were driving that bus all the way to no football season at all counting on other conferences to follow suit or get shut down due to virus spread. After that didn't happen they had to scramble to save face.

What you're saying makes sense, but the tact they took made no sense whatsoever so I'm not so sure Trucks is wrong here. The virtue signaling required to not play at all is far greater than the virtue signaling required to start a season with impossible corona restrictions that shuts it down prematurely.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You won't see many obstacles from corona for these teams or their upcoming opponents, IMO. I know it's tin foil hat stuff, but that conference is as corrupt as the NCAA itself which makes FIFA look like the Girl Scouts. Anything is believable with them.
Yep. Since this all began with the lure of money, then money will direct all their decisions. The relentless virtue signaling will continue, but just spread with a different set of lies to cover the new story needs.