• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Gary Patterson says TCU needs to improve rushing attack ahead of matchup vs. Baylor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Gary Patterson says TCU needs to improve rushing attack ahead of matchup vs. Baylor

By Katherine Griffith

After TCU suffered its biggest loss of the season to Oklahoma, the Horned Frogs are still looking for their second win of the season.

A win against a rival like the Baylor Bears (1-2, 1-2) would give TCU (1-3, 1-3) energy and confidence moving forward.

Head coach Gary Patterson appeared in the Big 12 coaches teleconference Monday, and he tackled the importance of utilizing the run game. Here is what he had to say:

Read more at https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...se-its-use-of-the-run-game-to-win-ball-games/

jake102

Instead of rotating all four RBs every game, I think I'd rotate every two games. So instead of each guy getting a quarter of each game, they would get an entire half every other game.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
C'mon, man! It's a start!

Baby steps... Baby steps...

Of course, I finish typing the ellipsis above and the thought pops into my head unbidden: "Gee, how do you think the Derp Twins will take GMFP's words, and more importantly, implement them?"

I have a bad feeling about this...

Eight

what NEEDS to happen is instead of change on the offensive side of the ball being talked about it actually happens and the funny thing is the pieces are there for the frogs to have an effective down hill running game

they actually have had some success this year and the single biggest thing holding back the run game to me is doug meacham if he truly is calling the plays

With each game a similar question arises....will Gary finally acknowledge that inherent

deficiencies exist within the program, deficiencies requiring major readjustments or will

he simply continue to conduct business as usual?

Last edited:

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
And our OL
And our DL
And our coverage
And our tackling
And our special teams
And our play calling
And our clock management
And our strength and conditioning

Did I miss anything?

You mean like running down hill with power right at the Defense versus cute girly slow developing run it wide with a skirt on running game?!

4th. down

And our OL
And our DL
And our coverage
And our tackling
And our special teams
And our play calling
And our clock management
And our strength and conditioning

Did I miss anything?
He sure did skip around the OL/OL mentoring, for the most part. Blaming the RBs for not running well, was very disappointing.

That's what we are getting now, sleight of hand. It's over Froggies, unless the Board of Trustees tells Donati to make a change and that would be a couple of years off. Donati and Boschini don't have the power to make the change.....well they do but they won't.