• The KillerFrogs

Very quiet rumor up at OU about Patterson

An OU guy tells me this:

RILEY has had Patterson's defensive signals every year Tcu has been in the B12.

He assigns one guy to be the code breaker and the entire off season, this one guy looks at tapes as to what defense Tcu is in and he tries to match up the signals with the defense.

Tcu changes the signals each year, however there is enough commonality from year to year that the code breaker guy is able to discern signals each year even when signals change.

Which is why Patterson yesterday finally got wise and made an assistant finally stand in front of him when he flashed his signals. It (finally) became incredibly obvious to Patterson (and the very few others of us who are fully aware that Riley is somehow reading GPs signals) that Riley must be getting his defensive signals.

Makes a lot of sense. Patterson could do absolutely nothing against a very poor OU defense, that UT put up 50 points on (and Tcu defeated UT). No rational reason Tcu could score no more than one TD vs OU (until garbage time when they got one more), when a worse team than Tcu laid 50 points on OU.

Something is definitely amiss and this is what is (very quietly) circulating among OUers in the know up in Norman. I don't think any TCUers are aware of this.

Rumor is that only one other team is as dumb as Tcu and OU has their number as well and can read their signs.
So OU has two teams in the B12 who they have figured out signs. One of them is Froggies - which seems pretty clear in retrospect.

Even a blind man in a snowstorm should be able to win more than 1 out of 10 games vs OU for crap sakes !! Especially in a down year. How in CowPizzz nation does a down, rebuilding, horrible defensive team OU completely dominate and blow the doors off Tcu the week after barely beating a team that Tcu defeated.

Makes absolutely no sense.........................unless.........................

Moose Stuff

An OU guy tells me this:

RILEY has had Patterson's defensive signals every year Tcu has been in the B12.

He assigns one guy to be the code breaker and the entire off season, this one guy looks at tapes as to what defense Tcu is in and he tries to match up the signals with the defense.

Tcu changes the signals each year, however there is enough commonality from year to year that the code breaker guy is able to discern signals each year even when signals change.

Which is why Patterson yesterday finally got wise and made an assistant finally stand in front of him when he flashed his signals. It (finally) became incredibly obvious to Patterson (and the very few others of us who are fully aware that Riley is somehow reading GPs signals) that Riley must be getting his defensive signals.

Makes a lot of sense. Patterson could do absolutely nothing against a very poor OU defense, that UT put up 50 points on (and Tcu defeated UT). No rational reason Tcu could score no more than one TD vs OU (until garbage time when they got one more), when a worse team than Tcu laid 50 points on OU.

Something is definitely amiss and this is what is (very quietly) circulating among OUers in the know up in Norman. I don't think any TCUers are aware of this.

Rumor is that only one other team is as dumb as Tcu and OU has their number as well and can read their signs.
So OU has two teams in the B12 who they have figured out signs. One of them is Froggies - which seems pretty clear in retrospect.

Even a blind man in a snowstorm should be able to win more than 1 out of 10 games vs OU for crap sakes !! Especially in a down year. How in CowPizzz nation does a down, rebuilding, horrible defensive team OU completely dominate and blow the doors off Tcu the week after barely beating a team that Tcu defeated.

Makes absolutely no sense.........................unless.........................

LMAO at "I don't think any TCUers are aware of this".

Did everyone see Patterson place the Asst Coach in front of himself yesterday and make the Asst Coach stand there while he did his defensive signals. It was late in the game and the TV cameras caught it and the commentators laughed that the other team must be getting the signals.

Even the commentators and national audience knew that Riley was getting Pattersons signals.

Apparently Patterson figured it out but not until late in the 4th QTR when GP finally figured it out and put the Asst Coach in front of himself to block the view of opposing team.

HILARIOUS that everyone else in the stadium knew except the Tcu Coaches !!

ThisIsOurTime

For sure, college football is not an honorable business. But this will just come off like sour grapes even it were true. That being said, I am more bothered by the apparent prevalence of people trying to steal signs in sports in the first place. But it is a sign of the times and an indication of the declining morality of society.

netty2424

Did everyone see Patterson place the Asst Coach in front of himself yesterday and make the Asst Coach stand there while he did his defensive signals. It was late in the game and the TV cameras caught it and the commentators laughed that the other team must be getting the signals.

Even the commentators and national audience knew that Riley was getting Pattersons signals.

Apparently Patterson figured it out but not until late in the 4th QTR when GP finally figured it out and put the Asst Coach in front of himself to block the view of opposing team.

HILARIOUS that everyone else in the stadium knew except the Tcu Coaches !!
Not new. Been doing that awhile now.

Pharm Frog

For sure, college football is not an honorable business. But this will just come off like sour grapes even it were true. That being said, I am more bothered by the apparent prevalence of people trying to steal signs in sports in the first place. But it is a sign of the times and an indication of the declining morality of society.

I hope this is a joke but I suspect it’s not.