• The KillerFrogs

Jeremiah Donati has a busy week ahead of him...

Travis Trucks

I’d consider Fickell too but not before seeing if there’s any way either of Klieman or Campbell would take the job assuming we absorb the buyout.

Why the scheiss would Campbell or Klieman come here? You have to actually be retarded. Seriously.

Fickell turned down Michigan State. He isn't leaving unless its for a blue blood

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I realize I am just one guy, but I don't have much respect for Urban Meyer or anybody from his Coaching Tree. Yeah, he's a good coach and an inspiring leader. He's also an amoral scuzzball that I really wouldn't want being the public face of our most visible showpiece.

There are a lot of coaches that can put together good game plans, or teach good fundamentals. That is an innate skill that comes from a love of the game. However, beyond that ability to simply instruct, there is the third quality of kindling that love in a player that inspires them to strive just that little bit harder. Those guys are special, and that's what we should be looking for.

Again, I absolutely believe that GMFP has these qualities. He has displayed them before. We know they are present in him. The issue has been, where did they go? What happened to the fire? How do we get it back?

GMFP's seat is turned up to the BROILER setting right now. I cannot even believe that he doesn't know that his recent choices for Offensive Coaching spots has been a bomb-in-the-septic-tank level failure. As has also been pointed out, he has never fired anyone. He has run some off, but he inexplicably brought them back. His choice is simple: Fire longtime friends (or proteges), or get fired yourownself. Those are about the only two choices Donati has to offer come Monday. Yesterday's performance was absolutely unacceptable, given that it was a rival and that we were coming off a bye week. Half-assed won't cut it. Deep down in his heart, GMFP knows this.

SO, Donati's options are based on GMFP's choices: 1.) Rebuild an Offensive Staff with new people, 2.) Build a completely new Coaching Staff with new people, while paying off GMFP for the next several years with diminishing Football revenues and some newly hostile Donors. Donati will not like the latter option. But, that's why he gets paid to be AD. It's his call, or at least his recommendation to the Board which will carry a lot of weight. Personally I would like for GMFP to quit being a stubborn old coot and realize that his Offensive guys are liabilities and move on, rather than dig in his heels and fight for guys who cannot do the job. We tend to view this as a business matter, while GMFP views this as a Family matter. After all, that's what they pitch to recruits: Family. Can't go around lopping the heads off family....

SAFrog

I am sick and tired of players lecturing the fans and kneeling before kickoff. A fan should lecture them on how poorly they have played and coached.

I thought the lectures and kneeling would only be for the first game. I blame Donati and Patterson for not ending this nonsense.

BrewingFrog

??? What kneeling?

Admittedly, I tuned in about a minute into the game and missed all pre-kickoff commercial-palooza nonsense. Thus I missed any Wokeness preening displays...

GenXFrog

??? What kneeling?

Admittedly, I tuned in about a minute into the game and missed all pre-kickoff commercial-palooza nonsense. Thus I missed any Wokeness preening displays...

Prior to the start of each game this season, Big 12 schools hold a moment of self-reflection and unity to underscore the need to come together in this effort to eradicate racism and discrimination.

Our sideline was slow to line up, then took a knee.

OU lined up, locked arms and stood on their sideline.

Sadly, OU had the classier execution and look.

AroundWorldFrog

We have now lost 5 home games in a row. Stinks. Totally stinks. Walking through campus and then sitting in the new East side today, it is obvious TCU has all the bells and whistles to recruit top players. We had 5 NFL draft picks on our team last season and had another bad year. Something has to change.
Protect the Carter!

BrewingFrog

Prior to the start of each game this season, Big 12 schools hold a moment of self-reflection and unity to underscore the need to come together in this effort to eradicate racism and discrimination.

Ah, so there is a BIGXII mandated moment of worthless twaddle. How very Woke of them...

Our sideline was slow to line up, then took a knee.

OU lined up, locked arms and stood on their sideline.

Sadly, OU had the classier execution and look.

They showed a vid of our guys coming out of the tunnel, and they looked like they were headed to their own execution. No energy or enthusiasm at all. That game was over before it got started.

OU, like many programs who have their feces properly arranged, looks good, acts together, and does so with pride and aplomb.

BrewingFrog

He’s also really rich, and really comfortable.
He's been that way (rich) for a good ten years or more, depending on who his financial advisor is. I don't believe that is eroding his competitive fire so much as a lack of moral courage in having to make a difficult choice that he knows is right, but goes against his deeply held tenets of How To Treat Coaches/Friends. He is avoiding a reckoning. Or at least trying to. And he does no one any favors by continuing to dither.

Froggy Style

GP will never ever ever ever ever ever ever be fired, short of committing a heinous crime or a massively politically incorrect faux pas.

Is it not a crime to squander a top 10 team in 2014/15 with some of the worst coaching in history?..5 years in a row? We make zero improvements, and more importantly, aren't trying to. When you're not trying to improve, you are just milking the cash cow.

Gary Patterson was Blockbuster two years ago...he didn't adjust and buy Netflix, so it's dead for him. Question is...do we immediately switch to another young streaming option, or just keep allowing ourselves to be milked for three more years and go bankrupt when we're once again kicked out of the big leagues?

In dark times, people make the easy decisions to keep their jobs and put food on the table. I fear a young inexperienced AD is exactly what we don't need right now.

Dogfrog

The offense has been bad but in the spirit of holding people accountable, the defense is just as bad, from the standpoint of multiple big plays / busted assignments every game, very little pressure. Coverages allowing receivers behind them for big plays. Big plays in opponent running game. That is all Gary. And when it comes to holding people accountable, follow the money. $6M+ per year means it’s all on you. And statistics are for losers. Plays aren’t being made in critical situations. No excuses.

tetonfrog

It looked like we quit yesterday. I don’t like but can support bad teams. I remember going to college station as a frosh & watched the aggies beat us 66-10. But they played hard to the end.

Our guys looked like they had no desire to play yesterday from the first snap and they stopped fighting early in the game.

that is simply unacceptable. Worse, I am not sure we will snap out of it next week.