• The KillerFrogs

FWST: One-score losses have doomed TCU football. Can the Frogs change that against Oklahoma?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
One-score losses have doomed TCU football. Can the Frogs change that against Oklahoma?

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football went 1-6 in one-score games last season. The Horned Frogs are 1-2 in those situations this year with every game being decided by a touchdown or less.

It’s a good bet that Saturday’s TCU-Oklahoma game will be another one-score affair. Since TCU joined the Big 12, six of the eight regular-season games against OU have been decided by one score or less.

The Sooners won 28-24 last year in Norman.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article246616693.html

Eight

the idea the frogs are 1-2 in one score games this year is a bit misleading.

yes, the iowa state game did end up a one score margin, but at no time in that final drive did i sense any urgency and iowa state was perfectly happy letting the frogs take their time as they sat on a 2-score lead until the very last play of the game

k-state was a bit different, but again the final drive to go 90+ yards in roughly a minute wasn't exactly what i would imagine for an end of game drive where you needed a score to tie the game.

Pharm Frog

the idea the frogs are 1-2 in one score games this year is a bit misleading.

yes, the iowa state game did end up a one score margin, but at no time in that final drive did i sense any urgency and iowa state was perfectly happy letting the frogs take their time as they sat on a 2-score lead until the very last play of the game

k-state was a bit different, but again the final drive to go 90+ yards in roughly a minute wasn't exactly what i would imagine for an end of game drive where you needed a score to tie the game.

Agree on KSU but if we’d done what we should have done against ISU we’d have been within one score and attempting an onside kick as soon as we were in FG range. It’s on us that we didn’t optimize our chance of winning.

PO Frog

Agree on KSU but if we’d done what we should have done against ISU we’d have been within one score and attempting an onside kick as soon as we were in FG range. It’s on us that we didn’t optimize our chance of winning.
Lol I was actually at the game and specifically said a good coach that understands math would be kicking a FG as soon as within range. Only a joke of course because there was zero consideration given to such a strategy by GP.