• The KillerFrogs

Gary, This Has Gotten Really, Really Bad

Froggy Style

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is we play not to lose rather than play to win. Gary is so worried and paranoid about putting his defense in a bad spot that we just ooze conservative game plan. I think everyone in the conference knows this and plans for it now. Gary needs to catch back up to the game because right now it is flying by him.

This.

3rd and 11 is now a running down at midfield. How about a Hail Mary if you’re just giving up. Instead we run it with the QB, but fake the handoff to the WR to make sure the safeties Aren’t thinking pass.

Big Frog II

Gary must evaluate every assistant coach and make the necessary changes. We can no longer hang on to assistants who cannot do their jobs. As I have said before, who cares how good of a recruiter you are if you can't coach.

We use to to more with less, now we are doing less with more.

Froggy Style

Gary must evaluate every assistant coach and make the necessary changes. We can no longer hang on to assistants who cannot do their jobs. As I have said before, who cares how good of a recruiter you are if you can't coach.

We use to to more with less, now we are doing less with more.
It was okay to not have a head coach against the Mountain West.

We can just have a DC that isn’t even that great at that any more.

Gary doesn’t take responsibility for the big job...which means his heart ain’t in it any more...as seen by him bringing back the guy he held to 50 yards in a single game as his new OC.

FrogCoach84

It’s hard to have to say it...but there is more than enough evidence that this isn’t working anymore.

The program is mediocre and trending downward and the portal could be coming for quite a few.

Gary won’t fire his boys and Donati won’t fire Gary. So this could just be the new normal until GP decides to hang it up.

And even then I don’t know if you can trust Donati to make the right hire. I’ve got serious Frog depression setting in.

Anyone got a reason to feel any optimism not just for this season but for the future??

Tumbleweed

This.

GMFP is the man who must make a choice. For a long time, he has gotten away with hanging on to friends. Nobody wants to fire a friend.

He faces some difficult choices.

Difficult decisions are not with Gary, difficult decisions start with Donitti. When.... that's the difficult decision. If and I can't image this, the power brokers couldn't see a needed change, they surely do now! I think, CDC saw this coming and the reluctance to change by many loyal brokers. Probably saw the economics of athletics, and the shifting to education rather than huge dollars spent in athletics. I'm jumping way ahead here but I can see a TCU with beautiful facilities but a middle of the pack mentality in B12 for a number of years.

The only reason we don’t clean house tonight is because the coaches we may want to hire won’t be able to interview until their seasons are complete.
Yeah, you just don’t make wholesale changes mid year for a variety of reasons. Especially a weird year like this one. But changes are going to have to me made if we continue on this trajectory.

FrogCoach84

It’s time for Gary to go.

And it won’t happen until GP himself decides to hang it up.

This isn’t rock bottom...this is the new normal.

Love GP and what he has done for this program...I’d say he’s owed a debt of gratitude but they already built him a damn statue. Fact is, he is an egomaniac and the proverbial smartest person in the room...he will never change his stripes and this program is in dire need of new stripes.