• The KillerFrogs

We have the players to hang with OU, just not the coaches

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Enough.

The Sonny, Meach Experiment has run it's course. Over the side with them. J.A. couldn't coach a circle jerk. Over the side. I don't know who else is on the Offensive Staff offhand, and I don't really feel like finding out, save that it is evident that they don't know what they're doing and couldn't instruct a buzzard towards a heap of roadkill. Over the side with the lot of them.

This is a disaster. There is no excuse. None. There was two full weeks to prepare, and we get this tampon pizza of a game plan and execution.

Heads must roll. Must.

JugbandFrog

i put this in the other thread, but our players don’t play the same way they used to. Watching Van Zandt play Pattie Cake on a counter just infuriated me.

I remember working for The Skiff when Lousiville came into town, and with it a flurry of reporters as both teams were undefeated. I was on the sidelines before the game with Peter King from SI. Louisville came out and they were HUGE. Then we come out and we ate nowhere near as big. One of the players he focuses on is Chris Peoples, one of our starting safeties.

King turns to me and says: “You guys ate gonna get killed.”

I point at Peoples and say, that guy can bring it. Watch out.

Peoples tackles Michael Bush in the game and gave him a good licking. Haha .I look over at King in the press box and nod at him.

I miss the days when I could have that kind of confidence in the coaching and the effort.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

i put this in the other thread, but our players don’t play the same way they used to. Watching Van Zandt play Pattie Cake on a counter just infuriated me.

I remember working for The Skiff when Lousiville came into town, and with it a flurry of reporters as both teams were undefeated. I was on the sidelines before the game with Peter King from SI. Louisville came out and they were HUGE. Then we come out and we ate nowhere near as big. One of the players he focuses on is Chris Peoples, one of our starting safeties.

King turns to me and says: “You guys ate gonna get killed.”

I point at Peoples and say, that guy can bring it. Watch out.

Peoples tackles Michael Bush in the game and gave him a good licking. Haha .I look over at King in the press box and nod at him.

I miss the days when I could have that kind of confidence in the coaching and the effort.

This. So much this...

Surfrog

Current Defensive Room:

Fitch (DTs) - played at TCU under coach P. Was a GA and internally promoted. Never coached anywhere else.
Sharp (DEs) - Coached OFFENSE for 20 + years. Had his job saved by Coach P. Never had defensive experience before.
Glasgow (LBs) - Safety coach until 2018. Fired from Tech and came back to TCU with his tail tucked.
Gonzalez (S) - Ga at TCU, former baseball player, only coached football at TCU. Internally promoted.
Modkins (CBs). played at TCU under coach P. Was a GA and internally promoted. Never coached anywhere else.

I'll just leave it at that.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Current Defensive Room:

Fitch (DTs) - played at TCU under coach P. Was a GA and internally promoted. Never coached anywhere else.
Sharp (DEs) - Coached OFFENSE for 20 + years. Had his job saved by Coach P. Never had defensive experience before.
Glasgow (LBs) - Safety coach until 2018. Fired from Tech and came back to TCU with his tail tucked.
Gonzalez (S) - Ga at TCU, former baseball player, only coached football at TCU. Internally promoted.
Modkins (CBs). played at TCU under coach P. Was a GA and internally promoted. Never coached anywhere else.

nepotism

West Coast Johnny

Until GP makes coaching changes, we will not be competitive in the Big XII. We have the players to do it, but our coaches are the worst in the conference.

your move GP.
Agree that all the blame is on the coaches but we do not have players to compete in the Big 12. Did you see that o-line? But the coaches deserve ALL the blame including not being able to recruit a competent tackle.

Paul in uhh

Until GP makes coaching changes, we will not be competitive in the Big XII. We have the players to do it, but our coaches are the worst in the conference.

your move GP.
What are you talking about? Gary got Jerry Kill this off-season! Jerry scheissing Kill! What more could you want?

helcap

Current Defensive Room:

Fitch was head coach at Dallas Lincoln high school where he had been for three years before coming back to TCU initially as Director of HS relations