• The KillerFrogs

OT - Jerry Jeff Walker has passed

Age 78. When I was at TCU, if you didn't have a JJW sticker on your truck window or at least a shirt with the star you were a nobody. Seems like he was at Billy Bob's once a month. He sure made college and early adulthood fun. His impact on Texas music is far and wide. There is no Robert Earl Keen down to Pat Green down to Randy Rogers down to whoever the kids are listening to these days without him.

2020 can EABODs.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I agree with ftwfrog. I never liked "Country" music, but there were artists I liked from that realm and JJW was one of them.

Adios, compadre.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

Surpizing fact: Jerry Jeff wrote and recorded "Mr. Bojangles" in 1968. 'Course, the most famous recording of it was in 1970 by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Tumbleweed

Has anybody read what JJ died of? I understood JJ drank some, not excessively, but did tilt the bottle. What I did hear about him was he stood on the serious side of life. Sensitive maybe a better way to describe him, most likely. Just listen to his lyrics and you definitely hear that. I think he lived somewhere close to Austin but not in Austin. A little disappointed to hear of the death for that means those of us in that era may' be right behind him. He'll never know though if the oil industry survives the politics.

Just read where JJ had been battling throat cancer for the last three years. To his family, God Bless

Last edited: