• The KillerFrogs

Not even a press conference thread?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
don't believe the issue is totally the kids

consider that the kids to some degree change each year with the constant being the defensive staff and key components of the offensive staff

we continue to see not just the same type of mistakes, but in some cases the same issues every season. example on defense most people on this board can name a couple of pass routes that give the frogs fits regardless of the personnel on the field

why is that? an issue of motivation or what they are being taught, asked to do, opponents have seen the scheme enough they know where to attack it, or some of all of these?

offensively we see the same issues that we saw in 2016, 2018, and 2019. some things are better and others don't seem to improve and there is improved play in some groups. so again is that an issue of motivation or scheme, what they are taught, what they are asked to do, or some of all of these?
I think the word being looked for is morale. When we are stinking up the joint, it's pretty low. Get a big return, light up somebody with a big hit (That doesn't draw a BIGXII flag), get a turnover; Those are big morale boosters. Just as important, is a nice, long, sustained drive that punches it in at the end, followed by a good defensive stop and a punt.

I don't really think anybody on that team has a lot of confidence in the "Rawhide"* philosophy of personnel shuffling, and even less in the playcalling/schemeing. Guys going in knowing that they are probably going to fail doesn't lead to a lot of positive outcomes.

*Just think of the theme song: "Ride 'em in! Move 'em out! Ride 'em out! Move 'em in!" It's like looking at a line change in hockey...

don

Interest in the program is waning. Nobody even interested in listening to GP’s gibberish anymore. Alarm bells should be going off inside the athletic department.

Sorry I couldn't do the zoom with GP this week. Hope to do some when I can. No loss of interest here. Think we are going to be a force next season and like seeing the young players stepping up.

netty2424

...or a yard away from being 0-3, but I get what you're trying to say. Better to look at the positive than the negative. It has just become extremely hard to look at the positive from Gary or this coaching staff anymore.
Fair observation. I guess my post came across as I was against the direction of the thread. Fact is, I really wasn’t and I strongly agree with pretty much every post in this thread. Something is off, football doesn’t feel the same, TCU’s direction is trending down, I agree with all of it.

I was just making a quick observation. As I mentioned to eight, we weren’t really in a position to win the two we lost, and should’ve lost the one we won. Yet with all of that, it’s still basically an 11 point swing, despite it feeling like we’ve been blown out 3 weeks in a row.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Fan of 21 years, this thread basically nails exactly how I feel. It’s time for new leadership and until that happens the program will remain stagnant. It’s always messy pushing out a legend, but it’s time.