• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

So this is another opportunity for Berhalter to prove he's in over his head so he can be fired?

We can only hope. There is real talent up and down the MNT roster, talent that is getting bloodied at high levels of club football in Europe, and no reason why the MNT should not take a leap over where its performance has been the past cycle unless the manager is incompetent.

Moose Stuff

We can only hope. There is real talent up and down the MNT roster, talent that is getting bloodied at high levels of club football in Europe, and no reason why the MNT should not take a leap over where its performance has been the past cycle unless the manager is incompetent.

I have a rapidly growing belief that with a competent manager we have an actual chance to contend for the cup in 2026 on US soil. It's got a chance to be a defining moment in US sports history. I mean just imagine the insanity levels of a two week stretch where we play say Mexico/Germany/England/France in round of 16 and beyond type games at the Rose Bowl. Yes I'm probably crazy.

Purp

I have a rapidly growing belief that with a competent manager we have an actual chance to contend for the cup in 2026 on US soil. It's got a chance to be a defining moment in US sports history. I mean just imagine the insanity levels of a two week stretch where we play say Mexico/Germany/England/France in round of 16 and beyond type games at the Rose Bowl. Yes I'm probably crazy.
I think there are two variables missing from this being a very real possibility.

1) One of our young stalwarts becoming an international star and a legitimate threat to score or create a scoring play every time he touches the ball. I can see Pulisic or Reyna possibly getting near this caliber of player by then.
2) The federation actually making the correct hire. And now I've lost all hope.

dawg

Chelsea v United today. United down in 15th. Here's to Pulisic putting in a good shift and Chelsea adding a bit of misery to Utd (yes, my ManU hate far exceeds my Chelsea dislike. And no talismanic MNT players are in the Utd squad).

Arsenal - Leicester tomorrow (scheiss you, NBC). Arsenal looked shaky in Vienna this week, but I really think Partey and Gabriel will go a long way to solidifying our spine. Really need three points here.

In other EPL action, City scraped out a draw with West Ham; wish City had brought that level of performance last weekend.

Chongo94

Chelsea v United today. United down in 15th. Here's to Pulisic putting in a good shift and Chelsea adding a bit of misery to Utd (yes, my ManU hate far exceeds my Chelsea dislike. And no talismanic MNT players are in the Utd squad).

Arsenal - Leicester tomorrow (scheiss you, NBC). Arsenal looked shaky in Vienna this week, but I really think Partey and Gabriel will go a long way to solidifying our spine. Really need three points here.

In other EPL action, City scraped out a draw with West Ham; wish City had brought that level of performance last weekend.

Yeah, NBC went back to scheissery this weekend with the scheduled bs again.