• The KillerFrogs

2020 Dalton Watch

JugbandFrog

Yes, and one of the 4 "starters" that is out is only starting because the actual starter retired. Cowboys current OL is a bunch of spares.
Jones didn’t learn his lesson. Paying all that $$ to what are interchangeable parts. Never should have given Elliot and Cooper all that $$

CountryFrog

You did a terrific job of confirming your own bias by mentioning the Giants comeback, because the Cowboys were AHEAD when Dak got injured. Do you know why they fell behind? A huge part of it had to do with AD fumbling deep in his own territory which gave the Giants a go-ahead TD.

If it wasn’t about something so ultimately trivial, your intellectual dishonesty would be pretty insulting.
You're actually the one who was crediting Dak with 2 comeback wins. And I'm petty sure he lost a fumble in that game too. In fact fumbles have been a problem for Dak and Elliott all year. Big reasons why they're constantly losing by 30 in every 4th quarter.

CountryFrog

Well, somebody led the Frogs to two straight undefeated regular seasons and two straight BCS bowls (dang near 3), including a Rose Bowl championship. Curious to see your top 10.
Ha, yea I don't actually walk around with a top 10 list in my pocket. Just saying Dalton would either be close to the bottom or just outside the top 10. I don't award bonus points just because he was the QB of some great teams. He was a terrific player obviously but was never an All-American and we've had several of those in the last 20 years. I know many people view all average QB (not saying Dalton was average) as a better player than an elite LG but I try to look at how well someone plays their position as opposed to how important their position is. Otherwise every list of top players would be 90% QB's.

And some of it depends on what you would consider the GP era. I'm including LT and Aaron Schobel but if you don't count those 2 then there's probably no way to name 10 players before Andy.

CountryFrog

Ok, before I even attempt I'll qualify by saying this is a silly opinion and should be rightly laughed at. HOWEVER if one were to make an attempt:

Reagor, Verrett, Hughes, Cannon, Doctson, Boykin, Tank, Kerley, Gladney, Dawson / Boyce?

(Obviously leaving LT off there. Don't think it's fair to count him as part of the GP era)
Don't try to make my top 10 list on my behalf. And to clarify I never said Andy wasn't in the top 10 I just said I'm not sure he is. So he's borderline. Maybe I'm fuzzy with the timeline but I basically look at everything since 2000 as the GP era though I guess technically 2000 was Fran. But since you started naming players then I feel compelled to speak for myself now...

Tomlinson
Verrett
Boykin
Doctson
Hughes
Washington
Cannon
A. Schobel
Dwight Smith
Bram K.

Just kidding on the last 2 obviously. I'd probably go Dalton at #9 actually now that I'm actually putting a real list together. Those top 6 are pretty solid imo then there's a group of several players including Andy who you could make a case for. Cannon and Schobel who I listed plus Kerley, Dawson, Reagor, Blacklock, Gladney. That's just off the top of my head so I could be forgetting a couple others.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Dalton, Boykin, Kerley, Hughes, Verrett, Doctson, Carder, Phillips, D Washington,
Cannon.
honorable mention: Dawson, Newhouse

I consider LT and A Schobel pre-GP

Interesting that every player I mention except Doctson and h.m. Dawson joined the Frogs before we announced we were going to the Big XII.

Last edited: