• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Hot Seat Updated- October 18th

A couple of shaggy fans that claim inside knowledge say that UT wants Herman gone and that with the exception of Sam, the entire team leaving the field before the EoT played last week is being used to work down the buyout. The basis being that all coaches have been instructed to keep their team together and out of the locker room during The Eyes in respect of the school. They don’t have to sing the song but they want the team together so goes the claim. Hermans failure to make this happen indicates a loss of team control and a disregard of a directive from his boss. Sounds like weak Chipotle stuff and not like Del Conte but who knows. Herman is not liked down there.

I think CDC gave him an extension which makes it hard to fire him. I don't think they have the money to do it. Texas fans upset at CDC for the extension. We probably get one more year with Herman.

CardFrog

I don't understand:

1. Why any recruit choses UT cuz their team has sucked for years.

2. Why any coach would ever consider UT, cuz it's impossible to deal with their fans/donors.
The recruits that choose UT are typically self centered egotistical players that think they are the best player on the field and don't need any teammates to help them win. How in the world can they get as many 4 and 5 star players as they do and still suck?

Mean Purple

A couple of shaggy fans that claim inside knowledge say that UT wants Herman gone and that with the exception of Sam, the entire team leaving the field before the EoT played last week is being used to work down the buyout. The basis being that all coaches have been instructed to keep their team together and out of the locker room during The Eyes in respect of the school. They don’t have to sing the song but they want the team together so goes the claim. Hermans failure to make this happen indicates a loss of team control and a disregard of a directive from his boss. Sounds like weak Chipotle stuff and not like Del Conte but who knows. Herman is not liked down there.
Anybody with real inside knowledge is not posting it on a sports board.

Mean Purple

GP needs a win this week. He needs some back to back wins as opposed to back to back losses that have been the recent trend. I hate that bad offensive coaches could be his undoing. JA needs to get his act together. And whoever is calling plays, needs more than that.

Wexahu

GP needs a win this week. He needs some back to back wins as opposed to back to back losses that have been the recent trend. I hate that bad offensive coaches could be his undoing. JA needs to get his act together. And whoever is calling plays, needs more than that.

JA is down the list of people who need to get their act together. He's become a scapegoat for all the other failures and it's ridiculous IMO.

The unfortunate thing is I'm not sure the people who really need to get their "act together" are capable.

OICU812

I hate insomnia...

So, I wander over to SurlyHorns for a laugh, and read this gem:

It took a lot not to reply, "Well, Warden Art is available! He's been on your shortlist before..."

Lol @ any UT fan pretending they didn't know what a gigantic skank Herman was, BEFORE they hired him. . . They knew he was a tool, but hoped he could come in and win, and they could overlook the skanky.

CDC must be pretty clear by this point he is fighting for his job. Urban Meyer is the one guy available who you KNOW can come in and win titles there. And guess who doesn't give a flying scheiss about "Eyes of Texas"? Urban Meyer, and also all the big cigars now pretending it's their issue with re-upping. . . They're just tired of backing a skank who is also a loser. They will happily line-dance the gat-dang Macarena after games if they are winning titles.

I'm thinking CDC is looking for the money right now to go get Urbs, the fuse is already lit on him and it doesn't look to be a long one.

Eight

JA is down the list of people who need to get their act together. He's become a scapegoat for all the other failures and it's ridiculous IMO.

The unfortunate thing is I'm not sure the people who really need to get their "act together" are capable.

there is a reason a former manager of mine would say he would not hire older sales people

his experience was they tended to want to do things how they did it regardless of the fact they weren't killing where they were prior to applying for his sales positions

might not be completely true, but while the offense is better what are we seeing from the frogs offense that wasn't an issue in 2016?

great deal of slight of hand, but no real plan of attack to date, not using the talent on the roster, not focusing the offense to use specific talents, and the same type of results that lead to someone leaving the program and now they are back

Pharm Frog

there is a reason a former manager of mine would say he would not hire older sales people

his experience was they tended to want to do things how they did it regardless of the fact they weren't killing where they were prior to applying for his sales positions

might not be completely true, but while the offense is better what are we seeing from the frogs offense that wasn't an issue in 2016?

great deal of slight of hand, but no real plan of attack to date, not using the talent on the roster, not focusing the offense to use specific talents, and the same type of results that lead to someone leaving the program and now they are back

I’m kicking arse with “older” salespeople. For starters...they actually go to work. Secondly, their customers respect them. And...they’ve had to make so many changes in their careers and approaches that they’ve become very change agile and are more curious then ever. I’d advise hiring for competencies, motivators, and demonstrable examples of striving regardless of age.

Eight

I’m kicking arse with “older” salespeople. For starters...they actually go to work. Secondly, their customers respect them. And...they’ve had to make so many changes in their careers and approaches that they’ve become very change agile and are more curious then ever. I’d advise hiring for competencies, motivators, and demonstrable examples of striving regardless of age.

agree with what you are saying, but i wasn't the one hiring

the big difference in your experience and what is happening on the offensive side of the ball at tcu is thiis:

they’ve had to make so many changes in their careers and approaches that they’ve become very change agile and are more curious then ever.

might be the second time i posted something very wrong on this thread in a short amount of time, but what i see from the frogs offense is basically the 2016 offense with max now being the focus of the run game which doesn't show much change agility or variance in approach

Mean Purple

Yes. This.
For the sales, or any workforce, having someone around with experience enough to give the "if you shoot him with that you'll just piss him off" advice is priceless. Knowing more ways to harvest a buck makes for a better hunt.

For football, again, the experience matters ... IF that person has experience to results. Age has nothing to do with the issues the Frogs offense and o-line are facing. It has to do with philosphy and application. Experience generally prevails with that.

Pharm Frog

agree with what you are saying, but i wasn't the one hiring

the big difference in your experience and what is happening on the offensive side of the ball at tcu is thiis:

they’ve had to make so many changes in their careers and approaches that they’ve become very change agile and are more curious then ever.

might be the second time i posted something very wrong on this thread in a short amount of time, but what i see from the frogs offense is basically the 2016 offense with max now being the focus of the run game which doesn't show much change agility or variance in approach

To be honest, there are legions of holes in the metaphor between TCU football and my business so I just reacted to “older”. I don’t think it’s much ado about age with TCU football as I do with approach, philosophy, and accountability for priority outcomes. To me that points almost exclusively at leadership. If I’m wrong (obviously this is possible if not probable) then it points to complacency. And that would be worse IMO.

jack the frog

I think CDC gave him an extension which makes it hard to fire him. I don't think they have the money to do it. Texas fans upset at CDC for the extension. We probably get one more year with Herman.

They've created a world over there where Tom is gone and they are just waiting for the presser. If Herman lost 5 straight or something that could change I suppose but he is there for one more I agree. I believe the buyout goes down by several million about two weeks before the initial signing date date and right in the middle of what would be spring practice next year. Terrible timing lol.

Mean Purple

Had two Auburn alums on a Zoom call this morning. Did not hear anything about Freeze but they definitely want to export Malzahn.
yes, many Auburn fans are not happy and want off the Gus Bus. Problem: Due to the 2017 extension and the reality that the covid shutdowns impacted a lot budget wise, it will be hard to raise the money to buy him out and get a coach to compete. As a person who has been an Auburn fan since a kid, I can tell you that door revolves a lot. The Bowden exit was pure insanity, and the same people who caused that nightmare had a major hand in causing the Tuberville exit. (Pushing Tuberville out was a mistake. Same with Chiz. Bowden was a mixed bag, but the problems he had that brought on his exit were rooted to the same person that caused issues for Tuberville - Bobby Lowder. When a trustee/booster is as well known among your fanbase as the head coach is, you can guarantee there will be trouble.)

With Gus, as it was with Tuberville, it was not so much about beating/losing to Bama. Just a championship hunger that clouds some thinking. (Keep in mind Tuberville took the Tigers to an undefeated season.)

Gus was a great O-coordinator, when their was a headcoach to keep him in check to play complimentary football. The Springdale mom's club caused issues at Arkansas. Then they caused issues at Auburn during his first stop and Chiz got fired just a few years removed from a National Title. When Gus did not take the Arkansas gig a few years back, it was reality that he was not going anywhere for a while. Chiz was able to keep him in check and they got a Nat. Title. His race the boards no matter what cost him in the title game against FSU.

He beat Bama last year. That bought him another. As for Hugh Freeze, I have never heard Auburn fans talk about hiring him. Depending on what report you look at, Freeze had his downfall then owned up to it and has tried to make right OR Freeze had his downfall and only owned up indirectly as much as he needed to get back to coaching at the earliest possible chance he could while still not face NCAA sanction. One would hope it is the former. But, like Petrino ( not near as much as with Briles), a Freeze hire makes folks nervous. Not just because of the phonegate issue, but because of the infranctions for recruiting that he tried bogusly pin on Houston Nutt.

For now, I would suspect Gus is ok at Auburn. At least until the Iron Bowl. :cool: