• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Hot Seat Updated- October 18th

jack the frog

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Tom Herman firmly sitting at #2

Coach P back up to #29

Let's win this game vs a bad OU team this Saturday! Losing sucks.

We have now lost FOUR games in a row at home through the end of 2019. Let's turn this ship around.

A couple of shaggy fans that claim inside knowledge say that UT wants Herman gone and that with the exception of Sam, the entire team leaving the field before the EoT played last week is being used to work down the buyout. The basis being that all coaches have been instructed to keep their team together and out of the locker room during The Eyes in respect of the school. They don’t have to sing the song but they want the team together so goes the claim. Hermans failure to make this happen indicates a loss of team control and a disregard of a directive from his boss. Sounds like weak Chipotle stuff and not like Del Conte but who knows. Herman is not liked down there.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He is now officially The Scapegoat.

It's all Mensa's fault. All of it. And no, I don't care, it's his fault.

netty2424

A couple of shaggy fans that claim inside knowledge say that UT wants Herman gone and that with the exception of Sam, the entire team leaving the field before the EoT played last week is being used to work down the buyout. The basis being that all coaches have been instructed to keep their team together and out of the locker room during The Eyes in respect of the school. They don’t have to sing the song but they want the team together so goes the claim. Hermans failure to make this happen indicates a loss of team control and a disregard of a directive from his boss. Sounds like weak Chipotle stuff and not like Del Conte but who knows. Herman is not liked down there.
I scheissing hate Herman as much as the next guy, but he’s in an impossible spot on the Eyes issue.

Listen to your boss and lose the team. Or don’t listen to your boss and lose your job. Either way, you end up losing your job.

Moose Stuff

Total second hand info but I've heard from a couple pretty well connected Horns that the number of people that threatened to end their season tickets or cut off their donations if the Eyes of Texas was disrespected or went away was "massive".

Pharm Frog

Total second hand info but I've heard from a couple pretty well connected Horns that the number of people that threatened to end their season tickets or cut off their donations if the Eyes of Texas was disrespected or went away was "massive".

Firsthand information can confirm two very generous benefactors threatened exactly what you describe and one of them is holding his contribution in escrow to see how it plays out.

SuperBarrFrog

Firsthand information can confirm two very generous benefactors threatened exactly what you describe and one of them is holding his contribution in escrow to see how it plays out.

Funny predicament for some big donors at all schools. I want my team to win, but I don’t want the players to have any control over how I perceive the final product. But I do want them to play awesome! But I don’t want them to do anything I don’t like or I’ll pull my donations! Lots of folks have to decide what’s stronger, your love of winning or your dislike of civil rights.

Pharm Frog

Funny predicament for some big donors at all schools. I want my team to win, but I don’t want the players to have any control over how I perceive the final product. But I do want them to play awesome! But I don’t want them to do anything I don’t like or I’ll pull my donations! Lots of folks have to decide what’s stronger, your love of winning or your dislike of civil rights.

False dilemma.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I hate insomnia...

So, I wander over to SurlyHorns for a laugh, and read this gem:

I wont post anymore on my thoughts on Urban (shag: “thank god, scheiss you loser!!!”), but I urge everyone to take a long hard look at what we stand for and who we are. Urban would by far and away be the shadiest hire in the history of the ath. Dept. of Texas

It took a lot not to reply, "Well, Warden Art is available! He's been on your shortlist before..."

ECoastFrog

I don't understand:

1. Why any recruit choses UT cuz their team has sucked for years.

2. Why any coach would ever consider UT, cuz it's impossible to deal with their fans/donors.