• The KillerFrogs

Who Can We Reasonably Expect To Take TCU Job?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
We were in Key West about five years ago and found some in a liquor store while stocking the rental house. I bought the two six-packs they had and Mrs. Brewingfrog and I enjoyed them greatly.

Not the same as sitting on the west side of Eleuthera watching the sunset, but damned good all the same.

bp4tcu

Liked for your Caybrew avatar.

It's not the greatest beer in the world, but man it tastes good while I'm there! Damn Covid cancelled our trip this year.
Cancelled ours as well.

Caybrew is something I love when I’m there but probably wouldn’t even consider in the states. It’s a nostalgia or when in Rome type thing. Fun brewery too.

JAB331

I was definitely one of those starting the season with modest expectations, but after watching us get so thoroughly out coached by both Iowa St and Kansas St, I found myself thinking CGP should consider early retirement. However, then I thought about Tech and UT, and specifically how I bet UT wished they had never let Mack Brown go, so now I'm conflicted.

I certainly would love to see us beat OU and go bowling this year. I certainly wouldn't expect to hear about a contract extension for CGP until that happens, otherwise this will work itself out over the next couple of years.

But yeah, watching Baylor, SMU, BYU, Iowa St, Kansas St, West Virginia, all have more success than we have recently with less talent and new coaches has certainly made me start to ask myself this question which just three years ago would have seemed unfathomable.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I was definitely one of those starting the season with modest expectations, but after watching us get so thoroughly out coached by both Iowa St and Kansas St, I found myself thinking CGP should consider early retirement.
GMFP has had an extra week to prepare for Lincoln Riley. He has a special love for Linc, because he has pulled GMFP's pants down in public the last few times we've played. Of course, Linc has that extra week, too. There should be much to see...

The question is, however, will we have a functioning offense. I don't worry nearly as much about the defense at least getting in OU's way a few times, it's the fact that we step on our own pecker on offense far too much for comfort. Against OU we cannot give up the ball via turnover, and we must, must score on about half our possessions.

There are no excuses to be made this upcoming week. The problems have been paraded for all to see. It is up to the people charged with coaching those spots, and those supervising them to see that things go better than they have.