• The KillerFrogs

If LHCGP got Saban’d...

JugbandFrog

If LHCGP had to quarantine for any games this year, how would we do it?

Would Kill be the HC? Who would call the defensive plays? Would he be able to connect at games via video feed? Would he need his towel girl at home?

It’d be pretty sweet if they flashed him up on the north ez screen like the dude from Ghostbusters 2.

bp4tcu

As long as they can continue GP's sub .500 conference record over the last 5 years, shouldn't really matter.

Pharm Frog

I'd imagine we can have 12k hand vote buttons installed and let the crowd choose the plays like a video game. I bet we go over .500 then

I was at an Eastern New Mexico basketball game back in the early ‘90’s when their BB coach got pissed at his team and went into the stands and convinced a guy to trade places with him. Next thing you know he goes to the concession stand and gets a candy bar and a drink and comes back and starts heckling his team from the stands.

He was a hoot. Used to talk to the fans even on the road and ask them what he should do...zone or man-to-man? DUIs ended his career...not that surprising.

Frog-in-law1995

I was at an Eastern New Mexico basketball game back in the early ‘90’s when their BB coach got pissed at his team and went into the stands and convinced a guy to trade places with him. Next thing you know he goes to the concession stand and gets a candy bar and a drink and comes back and starts heckling his team from the stands.

He was a hoot. Used to talk to the fans even on the road and ask them what he should do...zone or man-to-man? DUIs ended his career...not that surprising.

Speaking of that, BCG got himself back into D1 this year. He’s the new mbb coach at Tarleton.

froginmn

Yeah but did they win that game?

24fovx.jpg

Pharm Frog

Yeah but did they win that game?

24fovx.jpg

That particular game, no. But they won quite a few games when he was asking fans for advice. I was a PA announcer at the time. One time he came to the scorer’s table and asked if I would make an announcement that his team would be running a 1-3-1 full court trap after the timeout because as he said: “if you don’t announce it, nobody will see what we’re supposed to be running...not even me. We suck at basketball tonight.”

Wexahu

That particular game, no. But they won quite a few games when he was asking fans for advice. I was a PA announcer at the time. One time he came to the scorer’s table and asked if I would make an announcement that his team would be running a 1-3-1 full court trap after the timeout because as he said: “if you don’t announce it, nobody will see what we’re supposed to be running...not even me. We suck at basketball tonight.”

Sports needs more wheels off coaches like him.

Pharm Frog

Sports needs more wheels off coaches like him.

He could recruit. That’s for sure. And he had to in order to get kids to come live in Portales, NM. Although Hobbs, NM was producing some good basketball so it wasn’t all that bad of a recruiting region. He was there in the era when Central State of Oklahoma (now UCO) started the full game run and gun under Jim Seward. They would pull up and launch three’s instead of taking uncontested layups. There was some interesting basketball being played in the LSC in that time frame.