• The KillerFrogs

Who Can We Reasonably Expect To Take TCU Job?

A lot of knee jerk calls for change. Realistically this is an entirely different team with a better o-line. Lets just start with a new, real-deal o-line coach and see what happens.
Our own expectations as fans going into this season, tainted by obviously purple glasses, had us somewhere in the middle of the pack. This season was to be a pre-amble to 2021. Everybody knew that the OLine was going to be a weakness.

Yet here we are with people wanting to burn the program to the ground three games into a season that had modest expectations to begin with...

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Our own expectations as fans going into this season, tainted by obviously purple glasses, had us somewhere in the middle of the pack. This season was to be a pre-amble to 2021. Everybody knew that the OLine was going to be a weakness.

Yet here we are with people wanting to burn the program to the ground three games into a season that had modest expectations to begin with...
While I am not in the "Burn the Program to the Ground" camp, entirely, the phrase "modest expectations" do not cover what we looked at last Saturday. Or against Iowa State. In both cases, the bumbling, lack of preparation, lack of execution, lack of coherent game plan, inability to utilize strengths, inability to identify glaring weaknesses, etcetera, fall under the phrase "Same Old Crap."

I am not in favor of continuing with the Same Old Crap. We have been looking at the same flatfooted nonsense for three years.

While I am not in the "Burn the Program to the Ground" camp, entirely, the phrase "modest expectations" do not cover what we looked at last Saturday. Or against Iowa State. In both cases, the bumbling, lack of preparation, lack of execution, lack of coherent game plan, inability to utilize strengths, inability to identify glaring weaknesses, etcetera, fall under the phrase "Same Old Crap."

I am not in favor of continuing with the Same Old Crap. We have been looking at the same flatfooted nonsense for three years.
We'll agree to disagree. I just happen to think that what we saw in those two games was not unexpected. Our OLine was terrible in both. Our defense lost the first game for us though, and I chalk that up to us having not played a game (while ISU had) as being the difference.

We won't know until a few more weeks, but it's possible we lost to two of the best three teams in the conference, both by one-possession margins.

ticketfrog123

people are pissed because 2021 is our year and we look like Kansas in 2020.

that big of a leap to 2021 isn’t happening with non existent OL coaching by Anderson.

4th. down

Ok, a lot of us are frustrated. If Gary were to ride off to Nashville after the season, who can we target with an expectation they’d be interested? I’m impressed with Klieman and Campbell but don’t see them leaving.

FORGET IT, waste of time and energy, he's going nowhere until he's ready. We gotta live with it. IF, the crowds dwindle down next year with no Covid 19 to the 17-20,000 range, then the board, because of money, and only money, may consider making a change but other than that, we live and die with GP.

GP is clueless about offenses and that seems foolish since he's probably the premier or one of the premier DCs in college ball. You would think he knows everything about them but then goes and hires Kill who we all know is not, nor has he ever been, a offensive juggernaut and here we are, about to face Riley.

Tumbleweed

You can't cherry pick coach's, it isn't fair for a new coach!

Personally, I think TCU football needs new creativity, new demeanor, a successful track record or an extremely talented assistant coach with a recognized program of success and reputation. These kids have challenges that are often hard to understand and handling those opportunities will take a special *coach. This university is special with great beauty and reputation and that its vision of continued success has to grow in all aspects!

*normally you won't find this individual in a bargain basement and that is concerning.

LSU Game Attendee

I'm people. Let's do this!!
th

Moose Stuff

I'm not sure what's worse.... how poorly our coaches have performed so far this year or the fact that you're using "modest expectations" to defend them. When modest expectations start becoming a crutch we've reached the point where it's time to start honestly discussing who should be in charge of this program. scheiss modest expectations.

jake102

I'm not sure what's worse.... how poorly our coaches have performed so far this year or the fact that you're using "modest expectations" to defend them. When modest expectations start becoming a crutch we've reached the point where it's time to start honestly discussing who should be in charge of this program. scheiss modest expectations.

Somehow we've slide down the curve from "over performing with less" to "under performing with more". Not that I'm in the least surprised by what's happened so far in 2020, writing has been on the wall for the past few months. And bigger picture, GP is no longer a top coach. Very average.

bp4tcu

You left out Tech...a gimme, or a resignation that it's one of those games that we shouldn't have lost, but did.....It's always galling to lose to either Baylor or Tech....
How is Tech a gimme? The road team wins nearly every year, which says they win this year. They're silly right now but it's not like we're world beaters so until this team shows me otherwise I'm counting it as a loss.

Froginbedford

How is Tech a gimme? The road team wins nearly every year, which says they win this year. They're silly right now but it's not like we're world beaters so until this team shows me otherwise I'm counting it as a loss.

I was asking why FosterPark left out Tech from among OU and Baylor as games that could redeem the season if TCU beats those two....Was the omission of Tech the sign that it's considered a gimme, or was it a sign that we are just resigned to the fact that it's probably a loss and therefore only beating OU and Baylor would represent salvation of the season....Beating the other three Texas schools is/should be a major goal every season....You've made a prediction of a loss to Tech...which I don't necessarily reject as a possibility....The UT game could quite easily be considered an aberration at the end of the day....

Liked for your Caybrew avatar.

It's not the greatest beer in the world, but man it tastes good while I'm there! Damn Covid cancelled our trip this year.