• The KillerFrogs

Ladies soccer up to #6

Eight

I’ve heard a few public schools do out of state waivers with certain academic grades so it’s hard to say.

I’m sure there’s some women’s soccer maniac who can chime in. We even have a tennis thread going

so we don't know how much turnover on a roster is consistent with a top 20 women's soccer program?

InstaFrog

Do the men’s basketball players simply quit the program to become full time students after being a top 100 recruit in their sport? Time and time again.

dixon had a few players that were projects, academically ineligible, and a host of other issues. Truly zero similarities
I don't think TCU recruits at the same level as Duke and some of the bluebloods of Womens College Soccer, so I would be surprised if a Top 100 player nationally (depending on who is doing the ranking) quits to become a student only without something like an injury coming into play. Or as Eight stated, they discover it's a "job" that takes away from the college experience and, if the parents have the where-with-all, say heck with it. It's definitely not for everyone.

lowfrog

I’ve heard a few public schools do out of state waivers with certain academic grades so it’s hard to say.

I’m sure there’s some women’s soccer maniac who can chime in. We even have a tennis thread going

First, it's fantastic our soccer team is ranked #6. Part of it is because we and TCU athletics want all our sports to be highly ranked and part of it is because we enjoy seeing the work the TCU soccer coaches and players have put in start to pay off. The truth is, though, we want to be a soccer school, a rifle school, a baseball school, a football school, a basketball school (both men and women), etc. We also would like to be a softball school, a gymnastics school, a rowing school, a wrestling school, etc. Second, while the purpose of this board is to discuss sports, comparing programs at different schools really doesn't accomplish anything. There are too many differences between programs to compare programs at different schools -- it's comparing apples to oranges with every comparison. Finally, I object to using the term maniac in the post above. There is only one maniac on this board and we know who he is. Please use the term "aficionado" in the future.

ticketfrog123

so we don't know how much turnover on a roster is consistent with a top 20 women's soccer program?

we do, I responded earlier that Duke’s is around 10-20%

TCU’s is over 60% turnover (per each recruiting class) since new coach arrived.

let me know if my fake news offends anyone and I’ll step off the podium!!

helcap

I did a quick roster check and of the 12 freshman on the 2017 roster ( an usually large number), 7 are still here as Seniors. In 2018 there were 6 Freshman, all of whom are still here as Juniors. Don't follow women's soccer but that doesn't appear to be an unusually high turnover rate to me.

Moose Stuff

so how much turnover is normal for a top twenty women's program?

how many of those girls after playing damn near non-stop for most of their lives decided the small amount they are getting in scholarship isn't worth the time and they realized they aren't going to play for the national team so they want to go be a regular college student?

that is why our son quit cross country his first year in college.

the time and training wasn't worth the scholarship money, he wanted to be a regular student, and the part time job he picked up more than made up the difference in money.

Plus soccer isn't a full scholarship sport so others realize quickly that they would rather not pay TCU tuition to sit the bench. I can't remember who the poster was but we had someone on here at one point that had dated/married a TCU soccer player that had some real good insight into this.

Eight

we do, I responded earlier that Duke’s is around 10-20%

TCU’s is over 60% turnover (per each recruiting class) since new coach arrived.

let me know if my fake news offends anyone and I’ll step off the podium!!

who said you gave fake news?

comparing tcu to one other program isn't exactly a thorough comparison though and i am not sure why you responded in the manner and i have already spent way too much time on this topic